SynopsisThe remote Oracle Linux host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionFrom Red Hat Security Advisory 2019:1817 :
An update for java-11-openjdk is now available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Moderate. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
The java-11-openjdk packages provide the OpenJDK 11 Java Runtime Environment and the OpenJDK 11 Java Software Development Kit.
Security Fix(es) :
* OpenJDK: Side-channel attack risks in Elliptic Curve (EC) cryptography (Security, 8208698) (CVE-2019-2745)
* OpenJDK: Insufficient checks of suppressed exceptions in deserialization (Utilities, 8212328) (CVE-2019-2762)
* OpenJDK: Unbounded memory allocation during deserialization in Collections (Utilities, 8213432) (CVE-2019-2769)
* OpenJDK: Missing URL format validation (Networking, 8221518) (CVE-2019-2816)
* OpenJDK: Incorrect handling of certificate status messages during TLS handshake (JSSE, 8222678) (CVE-2019-2821)
* OpenJDK: Insufficient restriction of privileges in AccessController (Security, 8216381) (CVE-2019-2786)
* OpenJDK: Non-constant time comparison in ChaCha20Cipher (Security, 8221344) (CVE-2019-2818)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, acknowledgments, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
SolutionUpdate the affected java-11-openjdk packages.