New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 6.7
SynopsisThe remote host is missing a macOS or Mac OS X security update that fixes multiple vulnerabilities
DescriptionThe remote host is running Mac OS X 10.12.6 or Mac OS X 10.13.6 and is missing a security update. It is, therefore, affected by multiple vulnerabilities :
- An application may be able to read restricted memory (CVE-2019-8691, CVE-2019-8692, CVE-2019-8693)
- Extracting a zip file containing a symbolic link to an endpoint in an NFS mount that is attacker controlled may bypass Gatekeeper (CVE-2019-8656)
- A remote attacker may be able to cause arbitrary code execution (CVE-2019-8648, CVE-2018-19860, CVE-2019-8661)
- A remote attacker may be able to leak memory (CVE-2019-8646, CVE-2019-8663)
- A remote attacker may be able to cause unexpected application termination or arbitrary code execution ( CVE-2019-8641, CVE-2019-8660)
- An application may be able to execute arbitrary code with system privileges (CVE-2019-8695, CVE-2019-8697)
- An issue existed in Samba that may allow attackers to perform unauthorized actions by intercepting communications between services (CVE-2018-16860)
- An application may be able to execute arbitrary code with kernel privileges (CVE-2019-8694)
- A remote attacker may be able to view sensitive information (CVE-2019-13118)
- An attacker may be able to trigger a use-after-free in an application deserializing an untrusted NSDictionary (CVE-2019-8662)
- Visiting a malicious website may lead to address bar spoofing (CVE-2019-8670)
- The encryption status of a Time Machine backup may be incorrect (CVE-2019-8667)
- Parsing a maliciously crafted office document may lead to an unexpected application termination or arbitrary code execution (CVE-2019-8657)
- Processing maliciously crafted web content may lead to universal cross site scripting (CVE-2019-8649, CVE-2019-8658, CVE-2019-8690)
- Processing maliciously crafted web content may lead to arbitrary code execution (CVE-2019-8644, CVE-2019-8666, CVE-2019-8669, CVE-2019-8671, CVE-2019-8672, CVE-2019-8673, CVE-2019-8676, CVE-2019-8677, CVE-2019-8678, CVE-2019-8679, CVE-2019-8680, CVE-2019-8681, CVE-2019-8683, CVE-2019-8684, CVE-2019-8685, CVE-2019-8686, CVE-2019-8687, CVE-2019-8688, CVE-2019-8689)
Note that Nessus has not tested for this issue but has instead relied only on the operating system's self-reported version number.
SolutionInstall Security Update 2019-004 or later for 10.12.x or 10.13.x.