New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 6.5
SynopsisThe remote Oracle Linux host is missing a security update.
DescriptionFrom Red Hat Security Advisory 2019:1765 :
An update for firefox is now available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Critical. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
Mozilla Firefox is an open source web browser, designed for standards compliance, performance, and portability.
This update upgrades Firefox to version 60.8.0 ESR.
Security Fix(es) :
* Mozilla: Memory safety bugs fixed in Firefox 68 and Firefox ESR 60.8 (CVE-2019-11709)
* Mozilla: Sandbox escape via installation of malicious language pack (CVE-2019-9811)
* Mozilla: Script injection within domain through inner window reuse (CVE-2019-11711)
* Mozilla: Cross-origin POST requests can be made with NPAPI plugins by following 308 redirects (CVE-2019-11712)
* Mozilla: Use-after-free with HTTP/2 cached stream (CVE-2019-11713)
* Mozilla: HTML parsing error can contribute to content XSS (CVE-2019-11715)
* Mozilla: Caret character improperly escaped in origins (CVE-2019-11717)
* Mozilla: Same-origin policy treats all files in a directory as having the same-origin (CVE-2019-11730)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, acknowledgments, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
SolutionUpdate the affected firefox package.