SynopsisAn application installed on the remote host is affected by multiple vulnerabilities
DescriptionThe version of Apple iTunes for Windows installed on the remote Windows host is prior to 12.9.5. It is, therefore, affected by multiple vulnerabilities as referenced in the HT210124 advisory.
- An application may be able to gain elevated privileges (CVE-2019-8577)
- A maliciously crafted SQL query may lead to arbitrary code execution (CVE-2019-8600)
- A malicious application may be able to read restricted memory (CVE-2019-8598)
- A malicious application may be able to elevate privileges (CVE-2019-8602)
- Processing maliciously crafted web content may result in the disclosure of process memory (CVE-2019-8607)
- Processing maliciously crafted web content may lead to arbitrary code execution (CVE-2019-6237, CVE-2019-8571, CVE-2019-8583, CVE-2019-8584, CVE-2019-8586, CVE-2019-8587, CVE-2019-8594, CVE-2019-8595, CVE-2019-8596, CVE-2019-8597, CVE-2019-8601, CVE-2019-8608, CVE-2019-8609, CVE-2019-8610, CVE-2019-8611, CVE-2019-8615, CVE-2019-8619, CVE-2019-8622, CVE-2019-8623, CVE-2019-8628)
Note that Nessus has not tested for this issue but has instead relied only on the application's self-reported version number.
SolutionUpgrade to Apple iTunes for Windows version 12.9.5 or later.