SynopsisThe remote EulerOS host is missing multiple security updates.
DescriptionAccording to the versions of the glibc packages installed, the EulerOS installation on the remote host is affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- elf/dl-load.c in the GNU C Library (aka glibc or libc6) 2.19 through 2.26 mishandles RPATH and RUNPATH containing $ORIGIN for a privileged (setuid or AT_SECURE) program, which allows local users to gain privileges via a Trojan horse library in the current working directory, related to the fillin_rpath and decompose_rpath functions. This is associated with misinterpretion of an empty RPATH/RUNPATH token as the './' directory. NOTE: this configuration of RPATH/RUNPATH for a privileged program is apparently very uncommon most likely, no such program is shipped with any common Linux distribution(CVE-2017-16997)
- Stack-based buffer overflow in the clntudp_call function in sunrpc/clnt_udp.c in the GNU C Library (aka glibc or libc6) allows remote servers to cause a denial of service (crash) or possibly unspecified other impact via a flood of crafted ICMP and UDP packets.(CVE-2016-4429)
- Integer overflow in the strxfrm function in the GNU C Library (aka glibc or libc6) before 2.21 allows context-dependent attackers to cause a denial of service (crash) or possibly execute arbitrary code via a long string, which triggers a stack-based buffer overflow.(CVE-2015-8982)
- A buffer overflow has been discovered in the GNU C Library (aka glibc or libc6) in the
__mempcpy_avx512_no_vzeroupper function when particular conditions are met. An attacker could use this vulnerability to cause a denial of service or potentially execute code.(CVE-2018-11237)
- The posix_spawn_file_actions_addopen function in glibc before 2.20 does not copy its path argument in accordance with the POSIX specification, which allows context-dependent attackers to trigger use-after-free vulnerabilities.(CVE-2014-4043)
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the EulerOS security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionUpdate the affected glibc packages.