RHEL 6 : MRG (RHSA-2019:1487) (SACK Panic) (SACK Slowness)
Medium Nessus Plugin ID 126057
SynopsisThe remote Red Hat host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionAn update for kernel-rt is now available for Red Hat Enterprise MRG 2.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Important. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
The kernel-rt packages provide the Real Time Linux Kernel, which enables fine-tuning for systems with extremely high determinism requirements.
Security Fix(es) :
* An integer overflow flaw was found in the way the Linux kernel's networking subsystem processed TCP Selective Acknowledgment (SACK) segments. While processing SACK segments, the Linux kernel's socket buffer (SKB) data structure becomes fragmented. Each fragment is about TCP maximum segment size (MSS) bytes. To efficiently process SACK blocks, the Linux kernel merges multiple fragmented SKBs into one, potentially overflowing the variable holding the number of segments. A remote attacker could use this flaw to crash the Linux kernel by sending a crafted sequence of SACK segments on a TCP connection with small value of TCP MSS, resulting in a denial of service (DoS).
* kernel: race condition in snd_seq_write() may lead to UAF or OOB-access (CVE-2018-7566)
* kernel: Race condition in sound system can lead to denial of service (CVE-2018-1000004)
* Kernel: tcp: excessive resource consumption while processing SACK blocks allows remote denial of service (CVE-2019-11478)
* Kernel: tcp: excessive resource consumption for TCP connections with low MSS allows remote denial of service (CVE-2019-11479)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, acknowledgments, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
Bug Fix(es) :
* update the MRG 2.5.z 3.10 kernel-rt sources (BZ#1711010)
SolutionUpdate the affected packages.