Fedora 30 : php-phpmyadmin-sql-parser / phpMyAdmin (2019-13d2ba0aed)
High Nessus Plugin ID 125906
SynopsisThe remote Fedora host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionUpstream announcement :
Welcome to **phpMyAdmin 220.127.116.11**, a bugfix release that includes important security fixes.
This release fixes two security vulnerabilities :
- PMASA-2019-3 is a SQL injection flaw in the Designer feature
- PMASA-2019-4 is a CSRF attack that's possible through the 'cookie' login form
Upgrading is highly recommended for all users. Using the 'http' auth_type instead of 'cookie' can mitigate the CSRF attack.
The solution for the CSRF attack does remove the former functionality to log in directly through URL parameters (as mentioned in FAQ 4.8, such as https://example.com/phpmyadmin/?pma_username=root&password=foo). Such behavior was discouraged and is now removed. Other query parameters work as expected; only pma_username and pma_password have been removed.
This release also includes fixes for many bugs, including :
- Several issues with SYSTEM VERSIONING tables
- Fixed json encode error in export
- Show Designer combo boxes when adding a constraint
- Fix edit view
- Fixed invalid default value for bit field
- Fix several errors relating to GIS data types
- Fixed import XML data with leading zeros
- Fixed php notice, added support for 'DELETE HISTORY' table privilege (MariaDB >= 10.3.4)
- Fixed MySQL 8.0.0 issues with GIS display
- Fixed 'Server charset' in 'Database server' tab showing wrong information
- Fixed can not copy user on Percona Server 5.7
- Updated sql-parser to version 4.3.2, which fixes several parsing and linting problems
There are many, many more bug fixes thanks to the efforts of our developers, Google Summer of Code applicants, and other contributors.
The phpMyAdmin team
**phpmyadmin/sql-parser version 4.3.2**
- Fix redundant whitespaces in build() outputs (#228)
- Fix incorrect error on DEFAULT keyword in ALTER operation (#229)
- Fix incorrect outputs from Query::getClause (#233)
- Add support for reading a SQL file from stdin
- Fix for missing tokenize-query in Composer's vendor/bin/ directory
- Fix for PHP warnings with an incomplete CASE expression (#241)
- Fix for error message with multiple CALL statements (#223)
- Recognize the question mark character as a parameter (#242)
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the Fedora update system website.
Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionUpdate the affected php-phpmyadmin-sql-parser and / or phpMyAdmin packages.