New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 3.6
SynopsisThe remote Red Hat host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionAn update for kernel-alt is now available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Low. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link (s) in the References section.
The kernel-alt packages provide the Linux kernel version 4.x.
Security Fix(es) :
* kernel: NULL pointer dereference in fs/xfs/libxfs/xfs_inode_buf.c (CVE-2018-13095)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, acknowledgments, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
Bug Fix(es) :
* [rhel-alt] Could not remove the function from /sys/kernel/debug/tracing/ kprobe_events (BZ#1677171)
* RHEL-ALT-7.6z: usage of stale vma in do_fault() can lead to a crash (BZ# 1679243)
* RHEL-Alt-7.6 - Backport support for software count cache flush Spectre v2 mitigation (BZ#1692682)
* RHEL-Alt-7.6 - [LTC Test][SR-IOV]: Guest with VF pass-through crashes during reboot operation in a loop. (kvm) (libvirt/kernel) (BZ#1693146)
* RHEL-Alt-7.6 - Tolerate new s390x crypto hardware for migration (BZ# 1695643)
SolutionUpdate the affected packages.