SynopsisThe remote EulerOS Virtualization for ARM 64 host is missing multiple security updates.
DescriptionAccording to the versions of the kernel packages installed, the EulerOS Virtualization for ARM 64 installation on the remote host is affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- The snd_msndmidi_input_read function in sound/isa/msnd/msnd_midi.c in the Linux kernel through 4.11.7 allows local users to cause a denial of service (over-boundary access) or possibly have unspecified other impact by changing the value of a message queue head pointer between two kernel reads of that value, aka a 'double fetch' vulnerability.(CVE-2017-9985i1/4%0
- An assertion failure issue was found in the Linux kernel's KVM hypervisor module built to support visualization on ARM64 architecture platforms. The failure could occur while accessing Performance Monitors Cycle Count Register (PMCCNTR) from a guest. A privileged guest user could use this flaw to crash the host kernel resulting in denial of service.(CVE-2017-12168i1/4%0
- The iscsi_if_rx() function in 'drivers/scsi/scsi_transport_iscsi.c' in the Linux kernel from v2.6.24-rc1 through 4.13.2 allows local users to cause a denial of service (a system panic) by making a number of certain syscalls by leveraging incorrect length validation in the kernel code.(CVE-2017-14489i1/4%0
- The hdpvr_probe function in drivers/media/usb/hdpvr/hdpvr-core.c in the Linux kernel through 4.13.11 allows local users to cause a denial of service (improper error handling and system crash) or possibly have unspecified other impact via a crafted USB device.(CVE-2017-16644i1/4%0
- The dvb frontend management subsystem in the Linux kernel contains a use-after-free which can allow a malicious user to write to memory that may be assigned to another kernel structure. This could create memory corruption, panic, or possibly other side affects.(CVE-2017-16648i1/4%0
- It was found that the Linux kernel's IPv6 implementation mishandled socket options. A local attacker could abuse concurrent access to the socket options to escalate their privileges, or cause a denial of service (use-after-free and system crash) via a crafted sendmsg system call.(CVE-2016-3841i1/4%0
- A flaw was found in the Linux kernel's ext4 filesystem.
A local user can cause a use-after-free in ext4_xattr_set_entry function and a denial of service or unspecified other impact may occur by renaming a file in a crafted ext4 filesystem image.(CVE-2018-10879i1/4%0
- A race condition was found in the Linux kernel, present since v3.14-rc1 through v4.12. The race happens between threads of inotify_handle_event() and vfs_rename() while running the rename operation against the same file. As a result of the race the next slab data or the slab's free list pointer can be corrupted with attacker-controlled data, which may lead to the privilege escalation.(CVE-2017-7533i1/4%0
- A privilege-escalation vulnerability was discovered in the Linux kernel built with User Namespace (CONFIG_USER_NS) support. The flaw occurred when the ptrace() system call was used on a root-owned process to enter a user namespace. A privileged namespace user could exploit this flaw to potentially escalate their privileges on the system, outside the original namespace.(CVE-2015-8709i1/4%0
- Use-after-free vulnerability in drivers/net/ppp/ppp_generic.c in the Linux kernel before 4.5.2 allows local users to cause a denial of service (memory corruption and system crash, or spinlock) or possibly have unspecified other impact by removing a network namespace, related to the ppp_register_net_channel and ppp_unregister_channel functions.(CVE-2016-4805i1/4%0
- A flaw was found in the way the Linux kernel's kvm_iommu_map_pages() function handled IOMMU mapping failures. A privileged user in a guest with an assigned host device could use this flaw to crash the host.(CVE-2014-3601i1/4%0
- A flaw was found in the Linux kernel's implementation of associative arrays introduced in 3.13. This functionality was backported to the 3.10 kernels in Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7. The flaw involved a null pointer dereference in assoc_array_apply_edit() due to incorrect node-splitting in assoc_array implementation.
This affects the keyring key type and thus key addition and link creation operations may cause the kernel to panic.(CVE-2017-12193i1/4%0
- Multiple race conditions in drivers/char/adsprpc.c and drivers/char/adsprpc_compat.c in the ADSPRPC driver for the Linux kernel 3.x, as used in Qualcomm Innovation Center (QuIC) Android contributions for MSM devices and other products, allow attackers to cause a denial of service (zero-value write) or possibly have unspecified other impact via a COMPAT_FASTRPC_IOCTL_INVOKE_FD ioctl call.(CVE-2015-0572i1/4%0
- The sanity_check_ckpt function in fs/f2fs/super.c in the Linux kernel before version 4.12.4 does not validate the blkoff and segno arrays. This allows an unprivileged, local user to cause a system panic and DoS. Due to the nature of the flaw, privilege escalation cannot be fully ruled out, although we believe it is unlikely.(CVE-2017-10663i1/4%0
- A stack overflow flaw caused by infinite recursion was found in the way the Linux kernel's Universal Disk Format (UDF) file system implementation processed indirect Information Control Blocks (ICBs). An attacker with physical access to the system could use a specially crafted UDF image to crash the system.(CVE-2014-6410i1/4%0
- Race condition in the ion_ioctl function in drivers/staging/android/ion/ion.c in the Linux kernel before 4.6 allows local users to gain privileges or cause a denial of service (use-after-free) by calling ION_IOC_FREE on two CPUs at the same time.(CVE-2016-9120i1/4%0
- drivers/hid/hid-picolcd_core.c in the Human Interface Device (HID) subsystem in the Linux kernel through 3.11, when CONFIG_HID_PICOLCD is enabled, allows physically proximate attackers to cause a denial of service (NULL pointer dereference and OOPS) via a crafted device.(CVE-2013-2899i1/4%0
- A flaw was found in the Linux kernel's implementation of overlayfs. An attacker can leak file resources in the system by opening a large file with write permissions on a overlay filesystem that is insufficient to deal with the size of the write.When unmounting the underlying device, the system is unable to free an inode and this will consume resources.
Repeating this for all available inodes and memory will create a denial of service situation.(CVE-2015-8953i1/4%0
- Buffer overflow in the mp_override_legacy_irq() function in arch/x86/kernel/acpi/boot.c in the Linux kernel through 4.12.2 allows local users to gain privileges via a crafted ACPI table.(CVE-2017-11473i1/4%0
- Use-after-free vulnerability in the kvm_ioctl_create_device function in virt/kvm/kvm_main.c in the Linux kernel before 4.8.13 allows host OS users to cause a denial of service (host OS crash) or possibly gain privileges via crafted ioctl calls on the /dev/kvm device.(CVE-2016-10150i1/4%0
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the EulerOS security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionUpdate the affected kernel packages.