New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 6.7
SynopsisThe remote EulerOS Virtualization for ARM 64 host is missing multiple security updates.
DescriptionAccording to the versions of the kernel packages installed, the EulerOS Virtualization for ARM 64 installation on the remote host is affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- Array index error in the tcm_vhost_make_tpg function in drivers/vhost/scsi.c in the Linux kernel before 4.0 might allow guest OS users to cause a denial of service (memory corruption) or possibly have unspecified other impact via a crafted VHOST_SCSI_SET_ENDPOINT ioctl call. NOTE: the affected function was renamed to vhost_scsi_make_tpg before the vulnerability was announced.(CVE-2015-4036i1/4%0
- The llc_cmsg_rcv function in net/llc/af_llc.c in the Linux kernel before 4.5.5 does not initialize a certain data structure, which allows attackers to obtain sensitive information from kernel stack memory by reading a message.(CVE-2016-4485i1/4%0
- The nr_recvmsg function in net/netrom/af_netrom.c in the Linux kernel before 3.12.4 updates a certain length value without ensuring that an associated data structure has been initialized, which allows local users to obtain sensitive information from kernel memory via a (1) recvfrom, (2) recvmmsg, or (3) recvmsg system call.(CVE-2013-7269i1/4%0
- The mct_u232_msr_to_state function in drivers/usb/serial/mct_u232.c in the Linux kernel before 4.5.1 allows physically proximate attackers to cause a denial of service (NULL pointer dereference and system crash) via a crafted USB device without two interrupt-in endpoint descriptors.(CVE-2016-3136i1/4%0
- An out-of-bounds memory access flaw, CVE-2014-7825, was found in the syscall tracing functionality of the Linux kernel's perf subsystem. A local, unprivileged user could use this flaw to crash the system. Additionally, an out-of-bounds memory access flaw, CVE-2014-7826, was found in the syscall tracing functionality of the Linux kernel's ftrace subsystem. On a system with ftrace syscall tracing enabled, a local, unprivileged user could use this flaw to crash the system, or escalate their privileges.(CVE-2014-7826i1/4%0
- Linux kernel built with the Kernel-based Virtual Machine (CONFIG_KVM) support is vulnerable to a null pointer dereference flaw. It could occur on x86 platform, when emulating an undefined instruction. An attacker could use this flaw to crash the host kernel resulting in DoS.(CVE-2016-8630i1/4%0
- A flaw was found in the Linux kernel's ext4 filesystem.
A local user can cause an out-of-bound access in ext4_get_group_info function, a denial of service, and a system crash by mounting and operating on a crafted ext4 filesystem image.(CVE-2018-10881i1/4%0
- The arch_timer_reg_read_stable macro in arch/arm64/include/asm/arch_timer.h in the Linux kernel before 4.13 allows local users to cause a denial of service (infinite recursion) by writing to a file under /sys/kernel/debug in certain circumstances, as demonstrated by a scenario involving debugfs, ftrace, PREEMPT_TRACER, and FUNCTION_GRAPH_TRACER.(CVE-2017-18261i1/4%0
- The ip6_route_add function in net/ipv6/route.c in the Linux kernel through 3.13.6 does not properly count the addition of routes, which allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (memory consumption) via a flood of ICMPv6 Router Advertisement packets.(CVE-2014-2309i1/4%0
- In the Linux kernel before 4.20.2, kernel/sched/fair.c mishandles leaf cfs_rq's, which allows attackers to cause a denial of service (infinite loop in update_blocked_averages) or possibly have unspecified other impact by inducing a high load.(CVE-2018-20784i1/4%0
- An issue was discovered in the F2FS filesystem code in fs/f2fs/inline.c in the Linux kernel. A denial of service due to the out-of-bounds memory access can occur for a modified f2fs filesystem image.(CVE-2018-13099i1/4%0
- An out-of-bounds write vulnerability was found in the Linux kernel's vmw_surface_define_ioctl() function, in the 'drivers/gpu/drm/vmwgfx/vmwgfx_surface.c' file. Due to the nature of the flaw, privilege escalation cannot be fully ruled out, although we believe it is unlikely.(CVE-2017-7294i1/4%0
- A flaw was found in the way the Linux kernel's KVM subsystem handled non-canonical addresses when emulating instructions that change the RIP (for example, branches or calls). A guest user with access to an I/O or MMIO region could use this flaw to crash the guest.(CVE-2014-3647i1/4%0
- The __munlock_pagevec function in mm/mlock.c in the Linux kernel, before 4.11.4, allows local users to cause a denial of service (NR_MLOCK accounting corruption) via crafted use of mlockall and munlockall system calls.(CVE-2017-18221i1/4%0
- ** RESERVED ** This candidate has been reserved by an organization or individual that will use it when announcing a new security problem. When the candidate has been publicized, the details for this candidate will be provided.(CVE-2018-1120i1/4%0
- The proc_connectinfo() function in 'drivers/usb/core/devio.c' in the Linux kernel through 4.6 does not initialize a certain data structure, which allows local users to obtain sensitive information from kernel stack memory via a crafted USBDEVFS_CONNECTINFO ioctl call. The stack object 'ci' has a total size of 8 bytes. Its last 3 bytes are padding bytes which are not initialized and are leaked to userland.(CVE-2016-4482i1/4%0
- A vulnerability was found in the Linux kernel. An unprivileged local user could trigger oops in shash_async_export() by attempting to force the in-kernel hashing algorithms into decrypting an empty data set.(CVE-2016-8646i1/4%0
- An issue was discovered in the btrfs filesystem code in the Linux kernel. An invalid NULL pointer dereference in btrfs_root_node() when mounting a crafted btrfs image is due to a lack of chunk block group mapping validation in btrfs_read_block_groups() in the fs/btrfs/extent-tree.c function and a lack of empty-tree checks in check_leaf() in fs/btrfs/tree-checker.c function. This could lead to a system crash and a denial of service.(CVE-2018-14612i1/4%0
- It was found that the Linux kernel's TCP/IP protocol suite implementation for IPv6 allowed the Hop Limit value to be set to a smaller value than the default one. An attacker on a local network could use this flaw to prevent systems on that network from sending or receiving network packets.(CVE-2015-2922i1/4%0
- A NULL-pointer dereference flaw was found in the kernel, which is caused by a race between revoking a user-type key and reading from it. The issue could be triggered by an unprivileged user with a local account, causing the kernel to crash (denial of service).(CVE-2015-7550i1/4%0
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the EulerOS security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionUpdate the affected kernel packages.