SynopsisThe remote EulerOS Virtualization for ARM 64 host is missing multiple security updates.
DescriptionAccording to the versions of the kernel packages installed, the EulerOS Virtualization for ARM 64 installation on the remote host is affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- The IPv6 SCTP implementation in net/sctp/ipv6.c in the Linux kernel through 3.11.1 uses data structures and function calls that do not trigger an intended configuration of IPsec encryption, which allows remote attackers to obtain sensitive information by sniffing the network.(CVE-2013-4350i1/4%0
- The sg_ioctl function in drivers/scsi/sg.c in the Linux kernel allows local users to cause a denial of service (stack-based buffer overflow) or possibly have unspecified other impacts via a large command size in an SG_NEXT_CMD_LEN ioctl call, leading to out-of-bounds write access in the sg_write function.(CVE-2017-7187i1/4%0
- An issue was discovered in can_can_gw_rcv in net/can/gw.c in the Linux kernel through 4.19.13. The CAN frame modification rules allow bitwise logical operations that can be also applied to the can_dlc field. Because of a missing check, the CAN drivers may write arbitrary content beyond the data registers in the CAN controller's I/O memory when processing can-gw manipulated outgoing frames. This is related to cgw_csum_xor_rel. An unprivileged user can trigger a system crash (general protection fault).(CVE-2019-3701i1/4%0
- net/rds/sysctl.c in the Linux kernel before 3.19 uses an incorrect data type in a sysctl table, which allows local users to obtain potentially sensitive information from kernel memory or possibly have unspecified other impact by accessing a sysctl entry.(CVE-2015-2042i1/4%0
- The inet_csk_clone_lock function in net/ipv4/inet_connection_sock.c in the Linux kernel allows attackers to cause a denial of service (double free) or possibly have unspecified other impact by leveraging use of the accept system call. An unprivileged local user could use this flaw to induce kernel memory corruption on the system, leading to a crash. Due to the nature of the flaw, privilege escalation cannot be fully ruled out, although we believe it is unlikely.(CVE-2017-8890i1/4%0
- The overlayfs implementation in the linux (aka Linux kernel) package before 3.19.0-21.21 in Ubuntu through 15.04 does not properly check permissions for file creation in the upper filesystem directory, which allows local users to obtain root access by leveraging a configuration in which overlayfs is permitted in an arbitrary mount namespace.(CVE-2015-1328i1/4%0
- The xfs_dinode_verify function in fs/xfs/libxfs/xfs_inode_buf.c in the Linux kernel through 4.16.3 allows local users to cause a denial of service (xfs_ilock_attr_map_shared invalid pointer dereference) via a crafted xfs image.(CVE-2018-10322i1/4%0
- In the flush_tmregs_to_thread function in arch/powerpc/kernel/ptrace.c in the Linux kernel before 4.13.5, a guest kernel crash can be triggered from unprivileged userspace during a core dump on a POWER host due to a missing processor feature check and an erroneous use of transactional memory (TM) instructions in the core dump path, leading to a denial of service.(CVE-2018-1091i1/4%0
- ** DISPUTED ** drivers/scsi/libsas/sas_scsi_host.c in the Linux kernel before 4.16 allows local users to cause a denial of service (ata qc leak) by triggering certain failure conditions. NOTE: a third party disputes the relevance of this report because the failure can only occur for physically proximate attackers who unplug SAS Host Bus Adapter cables.(CVE-2018-10021i1/4%0
- A use-after-free flaw was discovered in the Linux kernel's tty subsystem, which allows for the disclosure of uncontrolled memory location and possible kernel panic. The information leak is caused by a race condition when attempting to set and read the tty line discipline. A local attacker could use the TIOCSETD (via tty_set_ldisc ) to switch to a new line discipline a concurrent call to a TIOCGETD ioctl performing a read on a given tty could then access previously allocated memory. Up to 4 bytes could be leaked when querying the line discipline or the kernel could panic with a NULL-pointer dereference.(CVE-2016-0723i1/4%0
- An out-of-bounds read flaw was found in the way the Logitech Unifying receiver driver handled HID reports with an invalid device_index value. An attacker with physical access to the system could use this flaw to crash the system or, potentially, escalate their privileges on the system.(CVE-2014-3182i1/4%0
- arch/x86/kvm/emulate.c in the Linux kernel through 4.9.3 allows local users to obtain sensitive information from kernel memory or cause a denial of service (use-after-free) via a crafted application that leverages instruction emulation for fxrstor, fxsave, sgdt, and sidt.(CVE-2017-2584i1/4%0
- A flaw was found in the way the Linux kernel handled IRET faults during the processing of NMIs. An unprivileged, local user could use this flaw to crash the system or, potentially (although highly unlikely), escalate their privileges on the system.(CVE-2015-5157i1/4%0
- drivers/media/media-device.c in the Linux kernel before 3.11, as used in Android before 2016-08-05 on Nexus 5 and 7 (2013) devices, does not properly initialize certain data structures, which allows local users to obtain sensitive information via a crafted application, aka Android internal bug 28750150 and Qualcomm internal bug CR570757, a different vulnerability than CVE-2014-1739.(CVE-2014-9895i1/4%0
- A use-after-free vulnerability in sys_ioprio_get() was found due to get_task_ioprio() accessing the task-i1/4zio_context without holding the task lock and could potentially race with exit_io_context(), leading to a use-after-free.(CVE-2016-7911i1/4%0
- A flaw was found in the Linux kernel which is related to the user namespace lazily unmounting file systems.
The fs_pin struct has two members (m_list and s_list) which are usually initialized on use in the pin_insert_group function. However, these members might go unmodified in this case, the system panics when it attempts to destroy or free them. This flaw could be used to launch a denial-of-service attack.(CVE-2015-4178i1/4%0
- A flaw was found in the Linux kernel's implementation of raw_sendmsg allowing a local attacker to panic the kernel or possibly leak kernel addresses. A local attacker, with the privilege of creating raw sockets, can abuse a possible race condition when setting the socket option to allow the kernel to automatically create ip header values and thus potentially escalate their privileges.(CVE-2017-17712i1/4%0
- A flaw was discovered in the F2FS filesystem code in fs/f2fs/super.c in the Linux kernel. A denial of service, due to an out-of-bounds memory access, can occur upon encountering an abnormal bitmap size when mounting a crafted f2fs image.(CVE-2018-13096i1/4%0
- A NULL pointer dereference flaw was found in the way the Linux kernel's madvise MADV_WILLNEED functionality handled page table locking. A local, unprivileged user could use this flaw to crash the system.(CVE-2014-8173i1/4%0
- An out-of-bounds heap memory access leading to a Denial of Service, heap disclosure, or further impact was found in setsockopt(). The function call is normally restricted to root, however some processes with cap_sys_admin may also be able to trigger this flaw in privileged container environments.(CVE-2016-4998i1/4%0
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the EulerOS security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionUpdate the affected kernel packages.