EulerOS Virtualization 22.214.171.124 : dhcp (EulerOS-SA-2019-1443)
High Nessus Plugin ID 124946
SynopsisThe remote EulerOS Virtualization host is missing multiple security updates.
DescriptionAccording to the versions of the dhcp packages installed, the EulerOS Virtualization installation on the remote host is affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- ISC DHCP 4.x before 4.1-ESV-R12-P1, 4.2.x, and 4.3.x before 4.3.3-P1 allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (application crash) via an invalid length field in a UDP IPv4 packet.(CVE-2015-8605)
- A denial of service flaw was found in the way dhcpd handled reference counting when processing client requests. A malicious DHCP client could use this flaw to trigger a reference count overflow on the server side, potentially causing dhcpd to crash, by sending large amounts of traffic.(CVE-2018-5733)
- An out-of-bound memory access flaw was found in the way dhclient processed a DHCP response packet. A malicious DHCP server could potentially use this flaw to crash dhclient processes running on DHCP client machines via a crafted DHCP response packet.(CVE-2018-5732)
- A resource-consumption flaw was discovered in the DHCP server. dhcpd did not restrict the number of open connections to OMAPI and failover ports. A remote attacker able to establish TCP connections to one of these ports could use this flaw to cause dhcpd to exit unexpectedly, stop responding requests, or exhaust system sockets (denial of service).(CVE-2016-2774)
- It was found that the DHCP daemon did not properly clean up closed OMAPI connections in certain cases. A remote attacker able to connect to the OMAPI port could use this flaw to exhaust file descriptors in the DHCP daemon, leading to a denial of service in the OMAPI functionality.(CVE-2017-3144)
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the EulerOS security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionUpdate the affected dhcp packages.