SynopsisThe remote EulerOS Virtualization for ARM 64 host is missing multiple security updates.
DescriptionAccording to the versions of the samba packages installed, the EulerOS Virtualization for ARM 64 installation on the remote host is affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- A null pointer dereference flaw was found in Samba RPC external printer service. An attacker could use this flaw to cause the printer spooler service to crash.(CVE-2018-1050)
- A heap-buffer overflow was found in the way samba clients processed extra long filename in a directory listing. A malicious samba server could use this flaw to cause arbitrary code execution on a samba client.
- A use-after-free flaw was found in the way samba servers handled certain SMB1 requests. An unauthenticated attacker could send specially-crafted SMB1 requests to cause the server to crash or execute arbitrary code.(CVE-2017-14746)
- A memory disclosure flaw was found in samba. An attacker could retrieve parts of server memory, which could contain potentially sensitive data, by sending specially-crafted requests to the samba server.(CVE-2017-15275)
- It was found that samba did not enforce 'SMB signing' when certain configuration options were enabled. A remote attacker could launch a man-in-the-middle attack and retrieve information in plain-text.(CVE-2017-12150)
- A flaw was found in the way samba client used encryption with the max protocol set as SMB3. The connection could lose the requirement for signing and encrypting to any DFS redirects, allowing an attacker to read or alter the contents of the connection via a man-in-the-middle attack.(CVE-2017-12151)
- An information leak flaw was found in the way SMB1 protocol was implemented by Samba. A malicious client could use this flaw to dump server memory contents to a file on the samba share or to a shared printer, though the exact area of server memory cannot be controlled by the attacker.(CVE-2017-12163)
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the EulerOS security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionUpdate the affected samba packages.