New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 7.4
SynopsisThe remote EulerOS Virtualization for ARM 64 host is missing multiple security updates.
DescriptionAccording to the versions of the httpd packages installed, the EulerOS Virtualization for ARM 64 installation on the remote host is affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- In Apache HTTP Server 2.4 release 2.4.37 and prior, mod_session checks the session expiry time before decoding the session. This causes session expiry time to be ignored for mod_session_cookie sessions since the expiry time is loaded when the session is decoded.(CVE-2018-17199)
- It was discovered that the use of httpd's ap_get_basic_auth_pw() API function outside of the authentication phase could lead to authentication bypass. A remote attacker could possibly use this flaw to bypass required authentication if the API was used incorrectly by one of the modules used by httpd.(CVE-2017-3167)
- A NULL pointer dereference flaw was found in the httpd's mod_ssl module. A remote attacker could use this flaw to cause an httpd child process to crash if another module used by httpd called a certain API function during the processing of an HTTPS request.(CVE-2017-3169)
- A buffer over-read flaw was found in the httpd's ap_find_token() function. A remote attacker could use this flaw to cause httpd child process to crash via a specially crafted HTTP request.(CVE-2017-7668)
- A buffer over-read flaw was found in the httpd's mod_mime module. A user permitted to modify httpd's MIME configuration could use this flaw to cause httpd child process to crash.(CVE-2017-7679)
- It was discovered that the httpd's mod_auth_digest module did not properly initialize memory before using it when processing certain headers related to digest authentication. A remote attacker could possibly use this flaw to disclose potentially sensitive information or cause httpd child process to crash by sending specially crafted requests to a server.(CVE-2017-9788)
- A use-after-free flaw was found in the way httpd handled invalid and previously unregistered HTTP methods specified in the Limit directive used in an .htaccess file. A remote attacker could possibly use this flaw to disclose portions of the server memory, or cause httpd child process to crash.(CVE-2017-9798)
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the EulerOS security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionUpdate the affected httpd packages.