New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 8.9
SynopsisThe remote EulerOS Virtualization for ARM 64 host is missing multiple security updates.
DescriptionAccording to the versions of the kernel packages installed, the EulerOS Virtualization for ARM 64 installation on the remote host is affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- The hi3660_stub_clk_probe function in drivers/clk/hisilicon/clk-hi3660-stub.c in the Linux kernel before 4.16 allows local users to cause a denial of service (NULL pointer dereference) by triggering a failure of resource retrieval.(CVE-2018-10074i1/4%0
- An information leak flaw was found in the RAM Disks Memory Copy (rd_mcp) backend driver of the iSCSI Target subsystem of the Linux kernel. A privileged user could use this flaw to leak the contents of kernel memory to an iSCSI initiator remote client.(CVE-2014-4027i1/4%0
- It was found that in the Linux kernel version 4.2-rc1 to 4.3-rc1, a use of uninitialized 'n_proto', 'ip_proto', and 'thoff' variables in
__skb_flow_dissect() function can lead to a remote denial-of-service via malformed MPLS packet.(CVE-2017-13715i1/4%0
- It was found that the packet_set_ring() function of the Linux kernel's networking implementation did not properly validate certain block-size data. A local attacker with CAP_NET_RAW capability could use this flaw to trigger a buffer overflow, resulting in the crash of the system. Due to the nature of the flaw, privilege escalation cannot be fully ruled out.(CVE-2017-7308i1/4%0
- A weakness was found in the Linux ASLR implementation.
Any user able to running 32-bit applications in a x86 machine can disable ASLR by setting the RLIMIT_STACK resource to unlimited.(CVE-2016-3672i1/4%0
- sound/soc/msm/qdsp6v2/msm-audio-effects-q6-v2.c in the MSM QDSP6 audio driver for the Linux kernel 3.x, as used in Qualcomm Innovation Center (QuIC) Android contributions for MSM devices and other products, allows attackers to cause a denial of service (out-of-bounds write and memory corruption) or possibly have unspecified other impact via a crafted application that makes an ioctl call triggering incorrect use of a parameters pointer.(CVE-2016-2065i1/4%0
- A race condition flaw was found in the ioctl_send_fib() function in the Linux kernel's aacraid implementation.
A local attacker could use this flaw to cause a denial of service (out-of-bounds access or system crash) by changing a certain size value.(CVE-2016-6480i1/4%0
- The omninet_open function in drivers/usb/serial/omninet.c in the Linux kernel before 4.10.4 allows local users to cause a denial of service (tty exhaustion) by leveraging reference count mishandling.(CVE-2017-8925i1/4%0
- The tower_probe function in drivers/usb/misc/legousbtower.c in the Linux kernel before 4.8.1 allows local users (who are physically proximate for inserting a crafted USB device) to gain privileges by leveraging a write-what-where condition that occurs after a race condition and a NULL pointer dereference.(CVE-2017-15102i1/4%0
- The rtnl_fill_link_ifmap function in net/core/rtnetlink.c in the Linux kernel before 4.5.5 does not initialize a certain data structure, which allows local users to obtain sensitive information from kernel stack memory by reading a Netlink message.(CVE-2016-4486i1/4%0
- A vulnerability was found in the Linux kernel's lp_setup() function where it doesn't apply any bounds checking when passing 'lp=none'. This can result into overflow of the parport_nr array. An attacker with control over kernel command line can overwrite kernel code and data with fixed (0xff) values.(CVE-2017-1000363i1/4%0
- sound/core/hrtimer.c in the Linux kernel before 4.4.1 does not prevent recursive callback access, which allows local users to cause a denial of service (deadlock) via a crafted ioctl call.(CVE-2016-2549i1/4%0
- The pn_recvmsg function in net/phonet/datagram.c in the Linux kernel before 3.12.4 updates a certain length value before ensuring that an associated data structure has been initialized, which allows local users to obtain sensitive information from kernel stack memory via a (1) recvfrom, (2) recvmmsg, or (3) recvmsg system call.(CVE-2013-7265i1/4%0
- A NULL pointer dereference flaw was found in the SCTP implementation. A local user could use this flaw to cause a denial of service on the system by triggering a kernel panic when creating multiple sockets in parallel while the system did not have the SCTP module loaded.(CVE-2015-5283i1/4%0
- It was found that in Linux kernel the mount table expands by a power-of-two with each bind mount command.
If a system is configured to allow non-privileged user to do bind mounts, or allows to do so in a container or unprivileged mount namespace, then non-privileged user is able to cause a local DoS by overflowing the mount table, which causes a deadlock for the whole system.(CVE-2016-6213i1/4%0
- The cifs_iovec_write function in fs/cifs/file.c in the Linux kernel through 3.13.5 does not properly handle uncached write operations that copy fewer than the requested number of bytes, which allows local users to obtain sensitive information from kernel memory, cause a denial of service (memory corruption and system crash), or possibly gain privileges via a writev system call with a crafted pointer.(CVE-2014-0069i1/4%0
- A flaw was found in the Linux kernel's implementation of XFS file attributes. Two memory leaks were detected in xfs_attr_shortform_list and xfs_attr3_leaf_list_int when running a docker container backed by xfs/overlay2.
A dedicated attacker could possible exhaust all memory and create a denial of service situation.(CVE-2016-9685i1/4%0
- Multiple integer overflows in the MDSS driver for the Linux kernel 3.x, as used in Qualcomm Innovation Center (QuIC) Android contributions for MSM devices and other products, allow attackers to cause a denial of service or possibly have unspecified other impact via a large size value, related to mdss_compat_utils.c, mdss_fb.c, and mdss_rotator.c.(CVE-2016-5344i1/4%0
- kernel/bpf/verifier.c in the Linux kernel through 4.14.8 ignores unreachable code, even though it would still be processed by JIT compilers. This behavior, also considered an improper branch-pruning logic issue, could possibly be used by local users for denial of service.(CVE-2017-17862i1/4%0
- A flaw was found in the Linux kernel's implementation of the SCTP protocol. A remote attacker could trigger an out-of-bounds read with an offset of up to 64kB potentially causing the system to crash.(CVE-2016-9555i1/4%0
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the EulerOS security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionUpdate the affected kernel packages.