New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 7.4
SynopsisThe remote EulerOS Virtualization host is missing multiple security updates.
DescriptionAccording to the versions of the kernel packages installed, the EulerOS Virtualization installation on the remote host is affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- A null pointer dereference in dccp_write_xmit() function in net/dccp/output.c in the Linux kernel allows a local user to cause a denial of service by a number of certain crafted system calls.(CVE-2018-1130)
- An issue was discovered in the XFS filesystem in fs/xfs/xfs_icache.c in the Linux kernel. There is a NULL pointer dereference leading to a system panic in lookup_slow() on a NULL inode-i1/4zi_ops pointer when doing pathwalks on a corrupted xfs image. This occurs because of a lack of proper validation that cached inodes are free during an allocation.(CVE-2018-13093)
- An issue was discovered in the XFS filesystem in fs/xfs/libxfs/xfs_attr_leaf.c in the Linux kernel. A NULL pointer dereference may occur for a corrupted xfs image after xfs_da_shrink_inode() is called with a NULL bp. This can lead to a system crash and a denial of service.(CVE-2018-13094)
- A vulnerability was found in the fs/inode.c:inode_init_owner() function logic of the LInux kernel that allows local users to create files with an unintended group ownership and with group execution and SGID permission bits set, in a scenario where a directory is SGID and belongs to a certain group and is writable by a user who is not a member of this group. This can lead to excessive permissions granted in case when they should not.(CVE-2018-13405)
- A security flaw was found in the chap_server_compute_md5() function in the ISCSI target code in the Linux kernel in a way an authentication request from an ISCSI initiator is processed. An unauthenticated remote attacker can cause a stack buffer overflow and smash up to 17 bytes of the stack.
The attack requires the iSCSI target to be enabled on the victim host. Depending on how the target's code was built (i.e. depending on a compiler, compile flags and hardware architecture) an attack may lead to a system crash and thus to a denial of service or possibly to a non-authorized access to data exported by an iSCSI target. Due to the nature of the flaw, privilege escalation cannot be fully ruled out, although we believe it is highly unlikely.(CVE-2018-14633)
- An integer overflow flaw was found in the Linux kernel's create_elf_tables() function. An unprivileged local user with access to SUID (or otherwise privileged) binary could use this flaw to escalate their privileges on the system.(CVE-2018-14634)
- A flaw was found in the Linux Kernel in the ucma_leave_multicast() function in drivers/infiniband/core/ucma.c which allows access to a certain data structure after freeing it in ucma_process_join(). This allows an attacker to cause a use-after-free bug and to induce kernel memory corruption, leading to a system crash or other unspecified impact. Due to the nature of the flaw, privilege escalation cannot be fully ruled out, although we believe it is unlikely.(CVE-2018-14734)
- It was found that paravirt_patch_call/jump() functions in the arch/x86/kernel/paravirt.c in the Linux kernel mishandles certain indirect calls, which makes it easier for attackers to conduct Spectre-v2 attacks against paravirtualized guests.(CVE-2018-15594)
- An information leak was discovered in the Linux kernel in cdrom_ioctl_drive_status() function in drivers/cdrom/cdrom.c that could be used by local attackers to read kernel memory at certain location.(CVE-2018-16658)
- In the Linux kernel before 4.17, a local attacker able to set attributes on an xfs filesystem could make this filesystem non-operational until the next mount by triggering an unchecked error condition during an xfs attribute change, because xfs_attr_shortform_addname in fs/xfs/libxfs/xfs_attr.c mishandles ATTR_REPLACE operations with conversion of an attr from short to long form.(CVE-2018-18690)
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the EulerOS security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionUpdate the affected kernel packages.