SynopsisThe remote EulerOS Virtualization for ARM 64 host is missing multiple security updates.
DescriptionAccording to the versions of the kernel packages installed, the EulerOS Virtualization for ARM 64 installation on the remote host is affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- In the Linux kernel, Hisilicon Network Subsystem (HNS) does not consider the ETH_SS_PRIV_FLAGS case when retrieving sset_count data. This allows local users to cause a denial of service (buffer overflow and memory corruption) or possibly have unspecified other impacts.(CVE-2017-18222i1/4%0
- A flaw was found in the way the Linux kernel's networking implementation handled UDP packets with incorrect checksum values. A remote attacker could potentially use this flaw to trigger an infinite loop in the kernel, resulting in a denial of service on the system, or cause a denial of service in applications using the edge triggered epoll functionality.(CVE-2015-5366i1/4%0
- A use-after-free vulnerability was found in the kernel's socket recvmmsg subsystem. This may allow remote attackers to corrupt memory and may allow execution of arbitrary code. This corruption takes place during the error handling routines within
- arch/x86/kvm/vmx.c in the Linux kernel through 4.6.3 mishandles the APICv on/off state, which allows guest OS users to obtain direct APIC MSR access on the host OS, and consequently cause a denial of service (host OS crash) or possibly execute arbitrary code on the host OS, via x2APIC mode.(CVE-2016-4440i1/4%0
- In the Linux kernel before 4.17, a local attacker able to set attributes on an xfs filesystem could make this filesystem non-operational until the next mount by triggering an unchecked error condition during an xfs attribute change, because xfs_attr_shortform_addname in fs/xfs/libxfs/xfs_attr.c mishandles ATTR_REPLACE operations with conversion of an attr from short to long form.(CVE-2018-18690i1/4%0
- A flaw was found in the Linux kernel's ext4 filesystem.
A local user can cause an out-of-bounds write and a denial of service or unspecified other impact is possible by mounting and operating a crafted ext4 filesystem image.(CVE-2018-10878i1/4%0
- Xen 3.3.x through 4.5.x and the Linux kernel through 3.19.1 do not properly restrict access to PCI command registers, which might allow local guest OS users to cause a denial of service (non-maskable interrupt and host crash) by disabling the (1) memory or (2) I/O decoding for a PCI Express device and then accessing the device, which triggers an Unsupported Request (UR) response.(CVE-2015-2150i1/4%0
- The assoc_array_insert_into_terminal_node() function in 'lib/assoc_array.c' in the Linux kernel before 4.5.3 does not check whether a slot is a leaf, which allows local users to obtain sensitive information from kernel memory or cause a denial of service (invalid pointer dereference and out-of-bounds read) via an application that uses associative-array data structures.(CVE-2016-7914i1/4%0
- It was found that the x86 ISA (Instruction Set Architecture) is prone to a denial of service attack inside a virtualized environment in the form of an infinite loop in the microcode due to the way (sequential) delivering of benign exceptions such as #AC (alignment check exception) is handled. A privileged user inside a guest could use this flaw to create denial of service conditions on the host kernel.(CVE-2015-5307i1/4%0
- An issue was discovered in fs/f2fs/super.c in the Linux kernel, which does not properly validate secs_per_zone in a corrupted f2fs image. This may lead to a divide-by-zero error and a system crash.(CVE-2018-13100i1/4%0
- The mISDN_sock_recvmsg function in drivers/isdn/mISDN/socket.c in the Linux kernel before 3.12.4 does not ensure that a certain length value is consistent with the size of an associated data structure, which allows local users to obtain sensitive information from kernel memory via a (1) recvfrom, (2) recvmmsg, or (3) recvmsg system call.(CVE-2013-7266i1/4%0
- A NULL pointer dereference flaw was found in the rds_iw_laddr_check() function in the Linux kernel's implementation of Reliable Datagram Sockets (RDS). A local, unprivileged user could use this flaw to crash the system.(CVE-2014-2678i1/4%0
- A flaw was found in the Linux kernel's handling of packets with the URG flag. Applications using the splice() and tcp_splice_read() functionality could allow a remote attacker to force the kernel to enter a condition in which it could loop indefinitely.(CVE-2017-6214i1/4%0
- The kernel_wait4 function in kernel/exit.c in the Linux kernel before 4.13, when an unspecified architecture and compiler is used, might allow local users to cause a denial of service by triggering an attempted use of the -INT_MIN value.(CVE-2018-10087i1/4%0
- Heap-based buffer overflow in the private wireless extensions IOCTL implementation in wlan_hdd_wext.c in the WLAN (aka Wi-Fi) driver for the Linux kernel 3.x and 4.x, as used in Qualcomm Innovation Center (QuIC) Android contributions for MSM devices and other products, allows attackers to gain privileges via a crafted application that establishes a packet filter.(CVE-2015-0569i1/4%0
- A race condition flaw was found in the Linux kernel's ext4 file system implementation that allowed a local, unprivileged user to crash the system by simultaneously writing to a file and toggling the O_DIRECT flag using fcntl(F_SETFL) on that file.(CVE-2014-8086i1/4%0
- The mm_init function in kernel/fork.c in the Linux kernel before 4.12.10 does not clear the -i1/4zexe_file member of a new process's mm_struct, allowing a local attacker to achieve a use-after-free condition and to induce a kernel memory corruption on the system, leading to a crash or possibly have unspecified other impact by running a specially crafted program. Due to the nature of the flaw, privilege escalation cannot be fully ruled out, although we feel it is unlikely.(CVE-2017-17052i1/4%0
- A buffer overflow flaw was found in the way the Linux kernel's Intel AES-NI instructions optimized version of the RFC4106 GCM mode decryption functionality handled fragmented packets. A remote attacker could use this flaw to crash, or potentially escalate their privileges on, a system over a connection with an active AES-GCM mode IPSec security association.(CVE-2015-3331i1/4%0
- A flaw was found in the processing of incoming L2CAP bluetooth commands. Uninitialized stack variables can be sent to an attacker leaking data in kernel address space.(CVE-2017-1000410i1/4%0
- It was found that a remote attacker could use a race condition flaw in the ath_tx_aggr_sleep() function to crash the system by creating large network traffic on the system's Atheros 9k wireless network adapter.(CVE-2014-2672i1/4%0
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the EulerOS security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionUpdate the affected kernel packages.