SynopsisThe remote EulerOS Virtualization for ARM 64 host is missing multiple security updates.
DescriptionAccording to the versions of the kernel packages installed, the EulerOS Virtualization for ARM 64 installation on the remote host is affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- drivers/hid/hid-zpff.c in the Human Interface Device (HID) subsystem in the Linux kernel through 3.11, when CONFIG_HID_ZEROPLUS is enabled, allows physically proximate attackers to cause a denial of service (heap-based out-of-bounds write) via a crafted device.(CVE-2013-2889i1/4%0
- The capabilities implementation in the Linux kernel before 3.14.8 does not properly consider that namespaces are inapplicable to inodes, which allows local users to bypass intended chmod restrictions by first creating a user namespace, as demonstrated by setting the setgid bit on a file with group ownership of root.(CVE-2014-4014i1/4%0
- The function drivers/usb/core/config.c in the Linux kernel, allows local users to cause a denial of service (out-of-bounds read and system crash) or possibly have unspecified other impact via a crafted USB device, related to the USB_DT_INTERFACE_ASSOCIATION descriptor.(CVE-2017-16531i1/4%0
- The snd_timer_interrupt function in sound/core/timer.c in the Linux kernel before 4.4.1 does not properly maintain a certain linked list, which allows local users to cause a denial of service (race condition and system crash) via a crafted ioctl call.(CVE-2016-2545i1/4%0
- A flaw was found in the Linux kernel where the deletion of a file or directory could trigger an unmount and reveal data under a mount point. This flaw was inadvertently introduced with the new feature of being able to lazily unmount a mount tree when using file system user namespaces.(CVE-2015-4176i1/4%0
- The do_shmat function in ipc/shm.c in the Linux kernel, through 4.9.12, does not restrict the address calculated by a certain rounding operation. This allows privileged local users to map page zero and, consequently, bypass a protection mechanism that exists for the mmap system call. This is possible by making crafted shmget and shmat system calls in a privileged context.(CVE-2017-5669i1/4%0
- In drivers/net/ethernet/hisilicon/hns/hns_enet.c in the Linux kernel, before 4.13, local users can cause a denial of service (use-after-free and BUG) or possibly have unspecified other impact by leveraging differences in skb handling between hns_nic_net_xmit_hw and hns_nic_net_xmit.(CVE-2017-18218i1/4%0
- The ioapic_deliver function in virt/kvm/ioapic.c in the Linux kernel through 3.14.1 does not properly validate the kvm_irq_delivery_to_apic return value, which allows guest OS users to cause a denial of service (host OS crash) via a crafted entry in the redirection table of an I/O APIC. NOTE: the affected code was moved to the ioapic_service function before the vulnerability was announced.(CVE-2014-0155i1/4%0
- A flaw was found in the way the Linux kernel's Crypto subsystem handled automatic loading of kernel modules.
A local user could use this flaw to load any installed kernel module, and thus increase the attack surface of the running kernel.(CVE-2013-7421i1/4%0
- Off-by-one error in the get_prng_bytes function in crypto/ansi_cprng.c in the Linux kernel through 3.11.4 makes it easier for context-dependent attackers to defeat cryptographic protection mechanisms via multiple requests for small amounts of data, leading to improper management of the state of the consumed data.(CVE-2013-4345i1/4%0
- sound/core/timer.c in the Linux kernel before 4.4.1 uses an incorrect type of mutex, which allows local users to cause a denial of service (race condition, use-after-free, and system crash) via a crafted ioctl call.(CVE-2016-2546i1/4%0
- The do_get_mempolicy function in mm/mempolicy.c in the Linux kernel before 4.12.9 allows local users to cause a denial of service (use-after-free) or possibly have unspecified other impact via crafted system calls.(CVE-2018-10675i1/4%0
- A certain backport in the TCP Fast Open implementation for the Linux kernel before 3.18 does not properly maintain a count value, which allow local users to cause a denial of service (system crash) via the Fast Open feature, as demonstrated by visiting the chrome://flags/#enable-tcp-fast-open URL when using certain 3.10.x through 3.16.x kernel builds, including longterm-maintenance releases and ckt (aka Canonical Kernel Team) builds.(CVE-2015-3332i1/4%0
- It was found that the try_to_unmap_cluster() function in the Linux kernel's Memory Managment subsystem did not properly handle page locking in certain cases, which could potentially trigger the BUG_ON() macro in the mlock_vma_page() function. A local, unprivileged user could use this flaw to crash the system.(CVE-2014-3122i1/4%0
- The blkcg_init_queue function in block/blk-cgroup.c in the Linux kernel, before 4.11, allows local users to cause a denial of service (double free) or possibly have unspecified other impact by triggering a creation failure.(CVE-2018-7480i1/4%0
- The create_fixed_stream_quirk function in sound/usb/quirks.c in the snd-usb-audio driver in the Linux kernel before 4.5.1 allows physically proximate attackers to cause a denial of service (NULL pointer dereference or double free, and system crash) via a crafted endpoints value in a USB device descriptor.(CVE-2016-2184i1/4%0
- The etm_setup_aux function in drivers/hwtracing/coresight/coresight-etm-perf.c in the Linux kernel before 4.10.2 allows attackers to cause a denial of service (panic) because a parameter is incorrectly used as a local variable.(CVE-2018-11232i1/4%0
- A division-by-zero in set_termios(), when debugging is enabled, was found in the Linux kernel. When the [io_ti] driver is loaded, a local unprivileged attacker can request incorrect high transfer speed in the change_port_settings() in the drivers/usb/serial/io_ti.c so that the divisor value becomes zero and causes a system crash resulting in a denial of service.(CVE-2017-18360i1/4%0
- A flaw was found where the XFS filesystem code mishandles a user-settable inode flag in the Linux kernel prior to 4.14-rc1. This can cause a local denial of service via a kernel panic.(CVE-2017-14340i1/4%0
- An issue was discovered in the Linux kernel through 4.19. An information leak in cdrom_ioctl_select_disc in drivers/cdrom/cdrom.c could be used by local attackers to read kernel memory because a cast from unsigned long to int interferes with bounds checking.(CVE-2018-18710i1/4%0
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the EulerOS security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionUpdate the affected kernel packages.