New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 6.7
SynopsisThe remote EulerOS host is missing multiple security updates.
DescriptionAccording to the versions of the ntp packages installed, the EulerOS installation on the remote host is affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- The rate limiting feature in NTP 4.x before 4.2.8p4 and 4.3.x before 4.3.77 allows remote attackers to have unspecified impact via a large number of crafted requests.
- Mitigation:Do not add the 'limited' configuration option to any restrict lines in the ntp.conf file.(CVE-2015-7705)
- The protocol engine in ntp 4.2.6 before 4.2.8p11 allows a remote attackers to cause a denial of service (disruption) by continually sending a packet with a zero-origin timestamp and source IP address of the 'other side' of an interleaved association causing the victim ntpd to reset its association(CVE-2018-7185)
- The ntpq saveconfig command in NTP 4.1.2, 4.2.x before 4.2.8p6, 4.3, 4.3.25, 4.3.70, and 4.3.77 does not properly filter special characters, which allows attackers to cause unspecified impact via a crafted filename.(CVE-2015-7976)
- ntpd in NTP 4.2.x before 4.2.8p4, and 4.3.x before 4.3.77 allows remote authenticated users to cause a denial of service (infinite loop or crash) by pointing the key file at the log file.
- Mitigation:Disable NTP remote configuration or limit this feature to trusted users to effectively mitigate this risk(CVE-2015-7850)
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the EulerOS security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionUpdate the affected ntp packages.