SynopsisThe remote Red Hat host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionAn update for kernel is now available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Important. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
The kernel packages contain the Linux kernel, the core of any Linux operating system.
Security Fix(es) :
* Kernel: KVM: potential use-after-free via kvm_ioctl_create_device() (CVE-2019-6974)
* Kernel: KVM: nVMX: use-after-free of the hrtimer for emulation of the preemption timer (CVE-2019-7221)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, acknowledgments, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
Bug Fix(es) :
* rbd: avoid corruption on partially completed bios [rhel-7.6.z] (BZ#1672514)
* xfs_vm_writepages deadly embrace between kworker and user task.
* Offload Connections always get vlan priority 0 [rhel-7.6.z] (BZ#1673821)
* [NOKIA] RHEL sends flood of Neighbour Solicitations under specific conditions [rhel-7.6.z] (BZ#1677179)
* RHEL 7.6 - Host crash occurred on NVMe/IB system while running controller reset [rhel-7.6.z] (BZ#1678214)
* [rhel7] raid0 md workqueue deadlock with stacked md devices [rhel-7.6.z] (BZ#1678215)
* [PureStorage7.6]nvme disconnect following an unsuccessful Admin queue creation causes kernel panic [rhel-7.6.z] (BZ#1678216)
* RFC: Regression with -fstack-check in 'backport upstream large stack guard patch to RHEL6' patch [rhel-7.6.z] (BZ#1678221)
* [Hyper-V] [RHEL 7.6]hv_netvsc: Fix a network regression after ifdown/ifup [rhel-7.6.z] (BZ#1679997)
* rtc_cmos: probe of 00:01 failed with error -16 [rhel-7.6.z] (BZ#1683078)
* ACPI WDAT watchdog update [rhel-7.6.z] (BZ#1683079)
* high ovs-vswitchd CPU usage when VRRP over VXLAN tunnel causing qrouter fail-over [rhel-7.6.z] (BZ#1683093)
* Openshift node drops outgoing POD traffic due to NAT hashtable race in __ip_conntrack_confirm() [rhel-7.6.z] (BZ#1686766)
* [Backport] [v3,2/2] net: igmp: Allow user-space configuration of igmp unsolicited report interval [rhel-7.6.z] (BZ#1686771)
* [RHEL7.6]: Intermittently seen FIFO parity error on T6225-SO adapter [rhel-7.6.z] (BZ#1687487)
* The number of unsolict report about IGMP is incorrect [rhel-7.6.z] (BZ# 1688225)
* RDT driver causing failure to boot on AMD Rome system with more than 255 CPUs [rhel-7.6.z] (BZ#1689120)
* mpt3sas_cm0: fault_state(0x2100)! [rhel-7.6.z] (BZ#1689379)
* rwsem in inconsistent state leading system to hung [rhel-7.6.z] (BZ# 1690323)
Users of kernel are advised to upgrade to these updated packages, which fix these bugs.
SolutionUpdate the affected packages.