CentOS 6 : kernel (CESA-2019:0717)
Medium Nessus Plugin ID 124035
SynopsisThe remote CentOS host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionAn update for kernel is now available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Important. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
The kernel packages contain the Linux kernel, the core of any Linux operating system.
Security Fix(es) :
* kernel: Missing check in fs/inode.c:inode_init_owner() does not clear SGID bit on non-directories for non-members (CVE-2018-13405)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, acknowledgments, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
Bug Fix(es) :
* sched/sysctl: Check user input value of sysctl_sched_time_avg (BZ#1579128)
* unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference at 000000000000005d in tcp_enter_frto+0x102 (BZ#1585892)
* qla2xxx: Mask Off Scope bits for Retry delay timer in the driver (BZ# 1588133)
* [PATCH] perf: Fix a race between ring_buffer_detach() and ring_buffer_wakeup() (BZ#1589340)
* RHEL6.10 - kernel: improve spectre mitigation for s390x (BZ#1625381)
* kernel panic due to NULL pointer dereference in __wake_up_common through perf_event_wakeup (BZ#1627672)
* After upgrading from rhel 6.9 to rhel 6.10, files in a cifs share can't be read (BZ#1636484)
* Retpoline impact on vdso gettimeofday performance (BZ#1638552)
* [RHEL 6.10] 32-bit kernel-2.6.32-754.3.5 registers the swap of 4k size only (BZ#1670328)
SolutionUpdate the affected kernel packages.