New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 6.7
SynopsisThe remote EulerOS Virtualization host is missing multiple security updates.
DescriptionAccording to the versions of the kernel packages installed, the EulerOS Virtualization installation on the remote host is affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- A security flaw was found in the Linux kernel in drivers/tty/n_tty.c which allows local attackers (ones who are able to access pseudo terminals) to lock them up and block further usage of any pseudo terminal devices due to an EXTPROC versus ICANON confusion in TIOCINQ handler.i1/4^CVE-2018-18386i1/4%0
- The Linux kernel was found vulnerable to an integer overflow in the drivers/video/fbdev/uvesafb.c:uvesafb_setcmap() function. The vulnerability could result in local attackers being able to crash the kernel or potentially elevate privileges.i1/4^CVE-2018-13406i1/4%0
- The vsock_stream_sendmsg function in net/vmw_vsock/af_vsock.c in the Linux kernel before 3.9-rc7 does not initialize a certain length variable, which allows local users to obtain sensitive information from kernel stack memory via a crafted recvmsg or recvfrom system call.i1/4^CVE-2013-3237i1/4%0
- The llc_ui_recvmsg function in net/llc/af_llc.c in the Linux kernel before 3.9-rc7 does not initialize a certain length variable, which allows local users to obtain sensitive information from kernel stack memory via a crafted recvmsg or recvfrom system call.i1/4^CVE-2013-3231i1/4%0
- The crypto API in the Linux kernel through 3.9-rc8 does not initialize certain length variables, which allows local users to obtain sensitive information from kernel stack memory via a crafted recvmsg or recvfrom system call, related to the hash_recvmsg function in crypto/algif_hash.c and the skcipher_recvmsg function in crypto/algif_skcipher.c.i1/4^CVE-2013-3076i1/4%0
- Integer overflow in the snd_compr_allocate_buffer function in sound/core/compress_offload.c in the ALSA subsystem in the Linux kernel before 3.6-rc6-next-20120917 allows local users to cause a denial of service (insufficient memory allocation) or possibly have unspecified other impact via a crafted SNDRV_COMPRESS_SET_PARAMS ioctl call.i1/4^CVE-2012-6703i1/4%0
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the EulerOS security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionUpdate the affected kernel packages.