SynopsisThe remote EulerOS Virtualization host is missing multiple security updates.
DescriptionAccording to the versions of the kernel packages installed, the EulerOS Virtualization installation on the remote host is affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- A flaw was found In the Linux kernel, through version 4.19.6, where a local user could exploit a use-after-free in the ALSA driver by supplying a malicious USB Sound device (with zero interfaces) that is mishandled in usb_audio_probe in sound/usb/card.c.
An attacker could corrupt memory and possibly escalate privileges if the attacker is able to have physical access to the system.i1/4^CVE-2018-19824i1/4%0
- It was found that the Linux kernel can hit a BUG_ON() statement in the __xfs_get_blocks() in the fs/xfs/xfs_aops.c because of a race condition between direct and memory-mapped I/O associated with a hole in a file that is handled with BUG_ON() instead of an I/O failure. This allows a local unprivileged attacker to cause a system crash and a denial of service.i1/4^CVE-2016-10741i1/4%0
- A division-by-zero in set_termios(), when debugging is enabled, was found in the Linux kernel. When the [io_ti] driver is loaded, a local unprivileged attacker can request incorrect high transfer speed in the change_port_settings() in the drivers/usb/serial/io_ti.c so that the divisor value becomes zero and causes a system crash resulting in a denial of service.i1/4^CVE-2017-18360i1/4%0
- Since Linux kernel version 3.2, the mremap() syscall performs TLB flushes after dropping pagetable locks. If a syscall such as ftruncate() removes entries from the pagetables of a task that is in the middle of mremap(), a stale TLB entry can remain for a short time that permits access to a physical page after it has been released back to the page allocator and reused.i1/4^CVE-2018-18281i1/4%0
- A use-after-free flaw can occur in the Linux kernel due to a race condition between packet_do_bind() and packet_notifier() functions called for an AF_PACKET socket. An unprivileged, local user could use this flaw to induce kernel memory corruption on the system, leading to an unresponsive system or to a crash. Due to the nature of the flaw, privilege escalation cannot be fully ruled out.i1/4^CVE-2018-18559i1/4%0
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the EulerOS security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionUpdate the affected kernel packages.