New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 6.7
SynopsisThe remote Oracle Linux host is missing a security update.
DescriptionFrom Red Hat Security Advisory 2019:0623 :
An update for firefox is now available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Critical. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
Mozilla Firefox is an open source web browser, designed for standards compliance, performance, and portability.
This update upgrades Firefox to version 60.6.0 ESR.
Security Fix(es) :
* Mozilla: Memory safety bugs fixed in Firefox 66 and Firefox ESR 60.6 (CVE-2019-9788)
* Mozilla: Use-after-free when removing in-use DOM elements (CVE-2019-9790)
* Mozilla: Type inference is incorrect for constructors entered through on-stack replacement with IonMonkey (CVE-2019-9791)
* Mozilla: IonMonkey leaks JS_OPTIMIZED_OUT magic value to script (CVE-2019-9792)
* Mozilla: Improper bounds checks when Spectre mitigations are disabled (CVE-2019-9793)
* Mozilla: Type-confusion in IonMonkey JIT compiler (CVE-2019-9795)
* Mozilla: Use-after-free with SMIL animation controller (CVE-2019-9796)
* Mozilla: Proxy Auto-Configuration file can define localhost access to be proxied (CVE-2018-18506)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, acknowledgments, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
SolutionUpdate the affected firefox package.