New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 6.7
SynopsisThe remote Oracle Linux host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionFrom Red Hat Security Advisory 2019:0512 :
An update for kernel is now available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Important. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
The kernel packages contain the Linux kernel, the core of any Linux operating system.
Security Fix(es) :
* kernel: Memory corruption due to incorrect socket cloning (CVE-2018-9568)
* kernel: Unprivileged users able to inspect kernel stacks of arbitrary tasks (CVE-2018-17972)
* kernel: Faulty computation of numberic bounds in the BPF verifier (CVE-2018-18445)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, acknowledgments, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
Bug Fix(es) and Enhancement(s) :
* kernel fuse invalidates cached attributes during reads (BZ#1657921)
* [NetApp-FC-NVMe] RHEL7.6: nvme reset gets hung indefinitely (BZ#1659937)
* Memory reclaim deadlock calling __sock_create() after memalloc_noio_save() (BZ#1660392)
* hardened usercopy is causing crash (BZ#1660815)
* Backport: xfrm: policy: init locks early (BZ#1660887)
* AWS m5 instance type loses NVMe mounted volumes [was: Unable to Mount StatefulSet PV in AWS EBS] (BZ#1661947)
* RHEL 7.6 running on a VirtualBox guest with a GUI has a mouse problem (BZ# 1662848)
* Kernel bug report in cgroups on heavily contested 3.10 node (BZ#1663114)
* [PCIe] SHPC probe crash on Non-ACPI/Non-SHPC ports (BZ#1663241)
* [Cavium 7.7 Feat] qla2xxx: Update to latest upstream. (BZ#1663508)
* Regression in lpfc and the CNE1000 (BE2 FCoE) adapters that no longer initialize (BZ#1664067)
* [csiostor] call trace after command: modprobe csiostor (BZ#1665370)
* libceph: fall back to sendmsg for slab pages (BZ#1665814)
* Deadlock between stop_one_cpu_nowait() and stop_two_cpus() (BZ#1667328)
* Soft lockups occur when the sd driver passes a device size of 1 sector to string_get_size() (BZ#1667989)
* [RHEL7.7] BUG: unable to handle kernel paging request at ffffffffffffffff (BZ#1668208)
* RHEL7.6 - powerpc/pseries: Disable CPU hotplug across migrations / powerpc/ rtas: Fix a potential race between CPU-Offline & Migration (LPM) (BZ# 1669044)
* blk-mq: fix corruption with direct issue (BZ#1670511)
* [RHEL7][patch] iscsi driver can block reboot/shutdown (BZ#1670680)
* [DELL EMC 7.6 BUG] Unable to create-namespace over Dell NVDIMM-N (BZ# 1671743)
* efi_bgrt_init fails to ioremap error during boot (BZ#1671745)
* Unable to mount a share on kernel- 3.10.0-957.el7. The share can be mounted on kernel-3.10.0-862.14.4.el7 (BZ#1672448)
* System crash with RIP nfs_readpage_async+0x43 -- BUG: unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference (BZ#1672510)
Users of kernel are advised to upgrade to these updated packages, which fix these bugs and add this enhancement.
SolutionUpdate the affected kernel packages.