SynopsisThe remote Red Hat host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionAn update is now available for JBoss Core Services on RHEL 6 and RHEL 7.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Important. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE links in the References section.
Red Hat JBoss Core Services is a set of supplementary software for Red Hat JBoss middleware products. This software, such as Apache HTTP Server, is common to multiple JBoss middleware products, and is packaged under Red Hat JBoss Core Services to allow for faster distribution of updates, and for a more consistent update experience.
This release of Red Hat JBoss Core Services Apache HTTP Server 2.4.29 Service Pack 1 serves as an update to Red Hat JBoss Core Services Apache HTTP Server 2.4.29, and includes bug fixes for CVEs which are linked to in the References section.
Security Fixes :
* httpd: DoS for HTTP/2 connections by continuous SETTINGS (CVE-2018-11763)
* httpd: Weak Digest auth nonce generation in mod_auth_digest (CVE-2018-1312)
* httpd: Out of bound access after failure in reading the HTTP request (CVE-2018-1301)
* httpd: Use-after-free on HTTP/2 stream shutdown (CVE-2018-1302)
* httpd: bypass with a trailing newline in the file name (CVE-2017-15715)
* httpd: Out of bound write in mod_authnz_ldap when using too small Accept-Language values (CVE-2017-15710)
* httpd: Out of bounds read in mod_cache_socache can allow a remote attacker to cause a denial of service (CVE-2018-1303)
* httpd: Improper handling of headers in mod_session can allow a remote user to modify session data for CGI applications (CVE-2018-1283)
* httpd: mod_http2: too much time allocated to workers, possibly leading to DoS (CVE-2018-1333)
* mod_jk: connector path traversal due to mishandled HTTP requests in httpd (CVE-2018-11759)
* nghttp2: NULL pointer dereference when too large ALTSVC frame is received (CVE-2018-1000168)
* openssl: Handling of crafted recursive ASN.1 structures can cause a stack overflow and resulting denial of service (CVE-2018-0739)
Details around each issue, including information about the CVE, severity of the issue, and the CVSS score, can be found on the CVE pages listed in the Reference section below.
SolutionUpdate the affected packages.