EulerOS 2.0 SP5 : libvncserver (EulerOS-SA-2019-1033)
High Nessus Plugin ID 122206
SynopsisThe remote EulerOS host is missing multiple security updates.
DescriptionAccording to the versions of the libvncserver package installed, the EulerOS installation on the remote host is affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- libvncserver: Heap out-of-bounds write in rfbserver.c in rfbProcessFileTransferReadBuffer() allows for potential code execution (CVE-2018-15127)
- LibVNC before commit 7b1ef0ffc4815cab9a96c7278394152bdc89dc4d contains heap out-of-bound write vulnerability inside structure in VNC client code that can result remote code execution(CVE-2018-20020)
- LibVNC before commit ca2a5ac02fbbadd0a21fabba779c1ea69173d10b contains heap use-after-free vulnerability in server code of file transfer extension that can result remote code execution.(CVE-2018-6307)
- LibVNC before commit 73cb96fec028a576a5a24417b57723b55854ad7b contains heap use-after-free vulnerability in server code of file transfer extension that can result remote code execution(CVE-2018-15126)
- LibVNC before commit a83439b9fbe0f03c48eb94ed05729cb016f8b72f contains multiple heap out-of-bound write vulnerabilities in VNC client code that can result remote code execution(CVE-2018-20019)
- LibVNC before 2f5b2ad1c6c99b1ac6482c95844a84d66bb52838 contains multiple weaknesses CWE-665: Improper Initialization vulnerability in VNC client code that allows attacker to read stack memory and can be abuse for information disclosure. Combined with another vulnerability, it can be used to leak stack memory layout and in bypassing ASLR(CVE-2018-20022)
- LibVNC before commit 4a21bbd097ef7c44bb000c3bd0907f96a10e4ce7 contains null pointer dereference in VNC client code that can result DoS.(CVE-2018-20024)
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the EulerOS security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionUpdate the affected libvncserver packages.