Fedora 28 : systemd (2018-24bd6c9d4a)
Critical Nessus Plugin ID 120295
SynopsisThe remote Fedora host is missing a security update.
Description- Fix a local vulnerability from a race condition in chown-recursive (CVE-2018-15687, #1643367)
- Fix a local vulnerability from invalid handling of long lines in state deserialization (CVE-2018-15686, #1643372)
- Fix a remote vulnerability in DHCPv6 in systemd-networkd (CVE-2018-15688, #1643362)
- Downgrade logging of various messages and add loging in other places
- Many many fixes in error handling and minor memory leaks and such
- Fix typos and omissions in documentation
- Various smaller improvements to unit ordering and dependencies
- Handling of invalid (intentionally corrupt) dbus messages is improved, fixing potential local DOS avenues
- The target of symlinks links in .wants/ and .requires/ is now ignored. This fixes an issue where the unit file would sometimes be loaded from such a symlink, leading to non-deterministic unit contents.
- Filtering of kernel threads is improved. This fixes an issues with newer kernels where hybrid kernel/user threads are used by bpfilter.
- Catalog entries for the journal are improved (#1639482)
No need to reboot or log out.
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the Fedora update system website.
Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionUpdate the affected systemd package.