CentOS 7 : firefox (CESA-2018:3833)
High Nessus Plugin ID 119874
SynopsisThe remote CentOS host is missing a security update.
DescriptionAn update for firefox is now available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Critical. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
Mozilla Firefox is an open source web browser, designed for standards compliance, performance, and portability.
This update upgrades Firefox to version 60.4.0 ESR.
Security Fix(es) :
* Mozilla: Memory safety bugs fixed in Firefox 64 and Firefox ESR 60.4 (CVE-2018-12405)
* Mozilla: Memory corruption in Angle (CVE-2018-17466)
* Mozilla: Use-after-free with select element (CVE-2018-18492)
* Mozilla: Buffer overflow in accelerated 2D canvas with Skia (CVE-2018-18493)
* Mozilla: Same-origin policy violation using location attribute and performance.getEntries to steal cross-origin URLs (CVE-2018-18494)
* Mozilla: Integer overflow when calculating buffer sizes for images (CVE-2018-18498)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
Red Hat would like to thank the Mozilla project for reporting these issues. Upstream acknowledges Christian Holler, Diego Calleja, Andrew McCreight, Jon Coppeard, Natalia Csoregi, Nicolas B. Pierron, Tyson Smith, Nils, Atte Kettunen, James Lee of Kryptos Logic, and r as the original reporters.
SolutionUpdate the affected firefox package.