Mozilla Firefox ESR < 60.4 Multiple Vulnerabilities
High Nessus Plugin ID 119606
SynopsisA web browser installed on the remote Windows host is affected by multiple vulnerabilities.
DescriptionThe version of Mozilla Firefox ESR installed on the remote Windows host is prior to 60.4. It is, therefore, affected by multiple vulnerabilities as referenced in the mfsa2018-30 advisory.
- Mozilla developers and community members Christian Holler, Diego Calleja, Andrew McCreight, Jon Coppeard, Jed Davis, Natalia Csoregi, Nicolas B. Pierron, and Tyson Smith reported memory safety bugs present in Firefox 63 and Firefox ESR 60.3. Some of these bugs showed evidence of memory corruption and we presume that with enough effort that some of these could be exploited to run arbitrary code. (CVE-2018-12405)
- A buffer overflow and out-of-bounds read can occur in TextureStorage11 within the ANGLE graphics library, used for WebGL content. This results in a potentially exploitable crash. (CVE-2018-17466)
- A use-after-free vulnerability can occur after deleting a selection element due to a weak reference to the select element in the options collection. This results in a potentially exploitable crash. (CVE-2018-18492)
- A buffer overflow can occur in the Skia library during buffer offset calculations with hardware accelerated canvas 2D actions due to the use of 32-bit calculations instead of 64-bit. This results in a potentially exploitable crash. (CVE-2018-18493)
- A potential vulnerability leading to an integer overflow can occur during buffer size calculations for images when a raw value is used instead of the checked value.
This leads to a possible out-of-bounds write.
Note that Nessus has not tested for this issue but has instead relied only on the application's self-reported version number.
SolutionUpgrade to Mozilla Firefox ESR version 60.4 or later.