EulerOS 2.0 SP3 : binutils (EulerOS-SA-2018-1400)
Medium Nessus Plugin ID 119528
SynopsisThe remote EulerOS host is missing multiple security updates.
DescriptionAccording to the versions of the binutils packages installed, the EulerOS installation on the remote host is affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- binutils: integer overflow via an ELF file with corrupt dwarf1 debug information in libbfd library (CVE-2018-7568)
- binutils: integer underflow or overflow via an ELF file with a corrupt DWARF FORM block in libbfd library (CVE-2018-7569)
- binutils: NULL pointer dereference in swap_std_reloc_in function in aoutx.h resulting in crash (CVE-2018-7642)
- binutils: Crash in elf.c:bfd_section_from_shdr() with crafted executable (CVE-2018-8945)
- binutils: Heap-base buffer over-read in dwarf.c:process_cu_tu_index() allows for denial of service via crafted file (CVE-2018-10372)
- binutils: NULL pointer dereference in dwarf2.c:concat_filename() allows for denial of service via crafted file (CVE-2018-10373)
- binutils: out of bounds memory write in peXXigen.c files (CVE-2018-10534)
- binutils: NULL pointer dereference in elf.c (CVE-2018-10535)
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the EulerOS security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionUpdate the affected binutils packages.