RHEL 6 : java-1.7.1-ibm (RHSA-2018:3779)
Medium Nessus Plugin ID 119443
SynopsisThe remote Red Hat host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionAn update for java-1.7.1-ibm is now available for Red Hat Satellite 5.6 and Red Hat Satellite 5.7.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Moderate. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
IBM Java SE version 7 Release 1 includes the IBM Java Runtime Environment and the IBM Java Software Development Kit.
This update upgrades IBM Java SE 7 to version 7R1 SR4-FP35.
Security Fix(es) :
* OpenJDK: Improper field access checks (Hotspot, 8199226) (CVE-2018-3169)
* OpenJDK: Incomplete enforcement of the trustURLCodebase restriction (JNDI, 8199177) (CVE-2018-3149)
* OpenJDK: Incorrect handling of unsigned attributes in signed Jar manifests (Security, 8194534) (CVE-2018-3136)
* OpenJDK: Leak of sensitive header data via HTTP redirect (Networking, 8196902) (CVE-2018-3139)
* OpenJDK: Missing endpoint identification algorithm check during TLS session resumption (JSSE, 8202613) (CVE-2018-3180)
* OpenJDK: Infinite loop in RIFF format reader (Sound, 8205361) (CVE-2018-3214)
* libpng: Integer overflow and resultant divide-by-zero in pngrutil.c:png_check_chunk_length() allows for denial of service (CVE-2018-13785)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
SolutionUpdate the affected java-1.7.1-ibm and / or java-1.7.1-ibm-devel packages.