RHEL 7 : OpenShift Container Platform 3.5 (RHSA-2018:1235)
Medium Nessus Plugin ID 119396
SynopsisThe remote Red Hat host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionAn update is now available for Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform 3.5.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Critical. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform is the company's cloud computing Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) solution designed for on-premise or private cloud deployments.
This advisory contains RPM packages for this release. See the following advisory for the container images for this release :
Security Fix(es) :
* source-to-image: Improper path sanitization in ExtractTarStreamFromTarReader in tar/tar.go (CVE-2018-1102)
This update also fixes the following bugs :
* Image validation used to validate old image objects, and an invalid image could be pushed to etcd. With this bug fix, validation has been changed to validate new image objects, and as a result it is no longer possible to upload an invalid image object. (BZ#1559991)
* A panic could occur due to concurrent writes to cache. This bug fix protects writes to the cache with mutex. As a result, the cache is safe to use concurrently. (BZ#1549902)
* Fluentd fails to properly process messages when it is unable to determine the namespace and pod UUIDs. The logging pipeline produces many messages and sometimes blocks log flow to Elasticsearch. This bug fix checks for the missing fields and sets the record as orphaned, if needed. As a result, logs now continue to flow and orphaned records end up in an orphaned namespace. (BZ#1520629)
* The 'Add Donut char to Dashboard' button is always visible, even when the application does not include a dashboard, and click on the button does not do anything. This bug fix removes the button, as a result the the feature is not available, as it should be. (BZ#1551503)
This update also adds the following enhancement :
* An `.operations` index-mapping in a non-ops Elasticsearch cluster is no longer displayed because operations indices will never exist in a non-ops Elasticsearch cluster. (BZ#1519709)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, acknowledgments, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
SolutionUpdate the affected packages.