SynopsisThe remote CentOS host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionAn update for openssl is now available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Moderate. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
OpenSSL is a toolkit that implements the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) and Transport Layer Security (TLS) protocols, as well as a full-strength general-purpose cryptography library.
Security Fix(es) :
* openssl: ROHNP - Key Extraction Side Channel in Multiple Crypto Libraries (CVE-2018-0495)
* openssl: Malicious server can send large prime to client during DH(E) TLS handshake causing the client to hang (CVE-2018-0732)
* openssl: Handling of crafted recursive ASN.1 structures can cause a stack overflow and resulting denial of service (CVE-2018-0739)
* openssl: Malformed X.509 IPAdressFamily could cause OOB read (CVE-2017-3735)
* openssl: RSA key generation cache timing vulnerability in crypto/rsa/ rsa_gen.c allows attackers to recover private keys (CVE-2018-0737)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
Additional Changes :
For detailed information on changes in this release, see the Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.6 Release Notes linked from the References section.
SolutionUpdate the affected openssl packages.