New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 6.7
SynopsisThe remote CentOS host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionUpdated glusterfs packages that fix multiple security issues and bugs, and add various enhancements are now available for Red Hat Gluster Storage 3.4 on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Important. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
GlusterFS is a key building block of Red Hat Gluster Storage. It is based on a stackable user-space design and can deliver exceptional performance for diverse workloads. GlusterFS aggregates various storage servers over network interconnections into one large, parallel network file system.
Security Fix(es) :
* glusterfs: Unsanitized file names in debug/io-stats translator can allow remote attackers to execute arbitrary code (CVE-2018-10904)
* glusterfs: Stack-based buffer overflow in server-rpc-fops.c allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary code (CVE-2018-10907)
* glusterfs: I/O to arbitrary devices on storage server (CVE-2018-10923)
* glusterfs: Device files can be created in arbitrary locations (CVE-2018-10926)
* glusterfs: File status information leak and denial of service (CVE-2018-10927)
* glusterfs: Improper resolution of symlinks allows for privilege escalation (CVE-2018-10928)
* glusterfs: Arbitrary file creation on storage server allows for execution of arbitrary code (CVE-2018-10929)
* glusterfs: Files can be renamed outside volume (CVE-2018-10930)
* glusterfs: Improper deserialization in dict.c:dict_unserialize() can allow attackers to read arbitrary memory (CVE-2018-10911)
* glusterfs: remote denial of service of gluster volumes via posix_get_file_contents function in posix-helpers.c (CVE-2018-10914)
* glusterfs: Information Exposure in posix_get_file_contents function in posix-helpers.c (CVE-2018-10913)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
Red Hat would like to thank Michael Hanselmann (hansmi.ch) for reporting these issues.
Additional Changes :
These updated glusterfs packages include numerous bug fixes and enhancements. Space precludes documenting all of these changes in this advisory. Users are directed to the Red Hat Gluster Storage 3.4 Release Notes for information on the most significant of these changes :
https://access.redhat.com/site/documentation/en-US/red_hat_gluster_sto rage/3.4/ html/3.4_release_notes/
All users of Red Hat Gluster Storage are advised to upgrade to these updated packages, which provide numerous bug fixes and enhancements.
SolutionUpdate the affected glusterfs packages.