New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 5.9
SynopsisThe remote CentOS host is missing a security update.
DescriptionAn update for thunderbird is now available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Important. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
Mozilla Thunderbird is a standalone mail and newsgroup client.
This update upgrades Thunderbird to version 60.2.1.
Security Fix(es) :
* Mozilla: Memory safety bugs fixed in Firefox 62 and Firefox ESR 60.2 (CVE-2018-12376)
* Mozilla: Use-after-free in driver timers (CVE-2018-12377)
* Mozilla: Use-after-free in IndexedDB (CVE-2018-12378)
* Mozilla: Proxy bypass using automount and autofs (CVE-2017-16541)
* Mozilla: Out-of-bounds write with malicious MAR file (CVE-2018-12379)
* Mozilla: Crash in TransportSecurityInfo due to cached data (CVE-2018-12385)
* Mozilla: Setting a master password post-Firefox 58 does not delete unencrypted previously stored passwords (CVE-2018-12383)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
Red Hat would like to thank the Mozilla project for reporting these issues. Upstream acknowledges Alex Gaynor, Boris Zbarsky, Christoph Diehl, Christian Holler, Jason Kratzer, Jed Davis, Tyson Smith, Bogdan Tara, Karl Tomlinson, Mats Palmgren, Nika Layzell, Ted Campbell, Nils, Zhanjia Song, Holger Fuhrmannek, Philipp, and Jurgen Gaeremyn as the original reporters.
SolutionUpdate the affected thunderbird package.