Oracle Linux 7 : openssl (ELSA-2018-3221)
Medium Nessus Plugin ID 118777
SynopsisThe remote Oracle Linux host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionFrom Red Hat Security Advisory 2018:3221 :
An update for openssl is now available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Moderate. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
OpenSSL is a toolkit that implements the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) and Transport Layer Security (TLS) protocols, as well as a full-strength general-purpose cryptography library.
Security Fix(es) :
* openssl: ROHNP - Key Extraction Side Channel in Multiple Crypto Libraries (CVE-2018-0495)
* openssl: Malicious server can send large prime to client during DH(E) TLS handshake causing the client to hang (CVE-2018-0732)
* openssl: Handling of crafted recursive ASN.1 structures can cause a stack overflow and resulting denial of service (CVE-2018-0739)
* openssl: Malformed X.509 IPAdressFamily could cause OOB read (CVE-2017-3735)
* openssl: RSA key generation cache timing vulnerability in crypto/rsa/ rsa_gen.c allows attackers to recover private keys (CVE-2018-0737)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
Additional Changes :
For detailed information on changes in this release, see the Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.6 Release Notes linked from the References section.
SolutionUpdate the affected openssl packages.