Oracle Linux 7 : libkdcraw (ELSA-2018-3065)
Medium Nessus Plugin ID 118767
SynopsisThe remote Oracle Linux host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionFrom Red Hat Security Advisory 2018:3065 :
An update for libkdcraw is now available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Moderate. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
Libkdcraw is a C++ interface around the LibRaw library used to decode the RAW picture files.
Security Fix(es) :
* LibRaw: Stack-based buffer overflow in quicktake_100_load_raw() function in internal/dcraw_common.cpp (CVE-2018-5805)
* LibRaw: Heap-based buffer overflow in LibRaw::kodak_ycbcr_load_raw function in internal/dcraw_common.cpp (CVE-2018-5800)
* LibRaw: NULL pointer dereference in LibRaw::unpack function src/ libraw_cxx.cpp (CVE-2018-5801)
* LibRaw: Out-of-bounds read in kodak_radc_load_raw function internal/ dcraw_common.cpp (CVE-2018-5802)
* LibRaw: NULL pointer dereference in leaf_hdr_load_raw() function in internal/dcraw_common.cpp (CVE-2018-5806)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
Additional Changes :
For detailed information on changes in this release, see the Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.6 Release Notes linked from the References section.
SolutionUpdate the affected libkdcraw packages.