Oracle Linux 7 : libkdcraw (ELSA-2018-3065)
Medium Nessus Plugin ID 118767
SynopsisThe remote Oracle Linux host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionFrom Red Hat Security Advisory 2018:3065 :
An update for libkdcraw is now available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security
impact of Moderate. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base
score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each
vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
Libkdcraw is a C++ interface around the LibRaw library used to decode
the RAW picture files.
Security Fix(es) :
* LibRaw: Stack-based buffer overflow in quicktake_100_load_raw()
function in internal/dcraw_common.cpp (CVE-2018-5805)
* LibRaw: Heap-based buffer overflow in LibRaw::kodak_ycbcr_load_raw
function in internal/dcraw_common.cpp (CVE-2018-5800)
* LibRaw: NULL pointer dereference in LibRaw::unpack function src/
* LibRaw: Out-of-bounds read in kodak_radc_load_raw function internal/
* LibRaw: NULL pointer dereference in leaf_hdr_load_raw() function in
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a
CVSS score, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s)
listed in the References section.
Additional Changes :
For detailed information on changes in this release, see the Red Hat
Enterprise Linux 7.6 Release Notes linked from the References section.
SolutionUpdate the affected libkdcraw packages.