SynopsisThe remote Oracle Linux host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionFrom Red Hat Security Advisory 2018:3032 :
An update for binutils is now available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Low. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link (s) in the References section.
The binutils packages provide a collection of binary utilities for the manipulation of object code in various object file formats. It includes the ar, as, gprof, ld, nm, objcopy, objdump, ranlib, readelf, size, strings, strip, and addr2line utilities.
Security Fix(es) :
* binutils: Improper bounds check in coffgen.c:coff_pointerize_aux() allows for denial of service when parsing a crafted COFF file (CVE-2018-7208)
* binutils: integer overflow via an ELF file with corrupt dwarf1 debug information in libbfd library (CVE-2018-7568)
* binutils: integer underflow or overflow via an ELF file with a corrupt DWARF FORM block in libbfd library (CVE-2018-7569)
* binutils: NULL pointer dereference in swap_std_reloc_in function in aoutx.h resulting in crash (CVE-2018-7642)
* binutils: Integer overflow in the display_debug_ranges function resulting in crash (CVE-2018-7643)
* binutils: Crash in elf.c:bfd_section_from_shdr() with crafted executable (CVE-2018-8945)
* binutils: Heap-base buffer over-read in dwarf.c:process_cu_tu_index() allows for denial of service via crafted file (CVE-2018-10372)
* binutils: NULL pointer dereference in dwarf2.c:concat_filename() allows for denial of service via crafted file (CVE-2018-10373)
* binutils: out of bounds memory write in peXXigen.c files (CVE-2018-10534)
* binutils: NULL pointer dereference in elf.c (CVE-2018-10535)
* binutils: Uncontrolled Resource Consumption in execution of nm (CVE-2018-13033)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
Additional Changes :
For detailed information on changes in this release, see the Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.6 Release Notes linked from the References section.
SolutionUpdate the affected binutils packages.