RHEL 7 : thunderbird (RHSA-2018:3458)
High Nessus Plugin ID 118744
SynopsisThe remote Red Hat host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionAn update for thunderbird is now available for Red Hat Enterprise
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security
impact of Important. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base
score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each
vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
Mozilla Thunderbird is a standalone mail and newsgroup client.
This update upgrades Thunderbird to version 60.2.1.
Security Fix(es) :
* Mozilla: Memory safety bugs fixed in Firefox 62 and Firefox ESR 60.2
* Mozilla: Use-after-free in driver timers (CVE-2018-12377)
* Mozilla: Use-after-free in IndexedDB (CVE-2018-12378)
* Mozilla: Proxy bypass using automount and autofs (CVE-2017-16541)
* Mozilla: Out-of-bounds write with malicious MAR file
* Mozilla: Crash in TransportSecurityInfo due to cached data
* Mozilla: Setting a master password post-Firefox 58 does not delete
unencrypted previously stored passwords (CVE-2018-12383)
Note: All of the above issues cannot be exploited in Thunderbird by a
messages and cannot be enabled. They could be exploited another way in
Thunderbird, for example, when viewing the remote content of an RSS
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a
CVSS score, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s)
listed in the References section.
Red Hat would like to thank the Mozilla project for reporting these
issues. Upstream acknowledges Alex Gaynor, Boris Zbarsky, Christoph
Diehl, Christian Holler, Jason Kratzer, Jed Davis, Tyson Smith, Bogdan
Tara, Karl Tomlinson, Mats Palmgren, Nika Layzell, Ted Campbell, Nils,
Zhanjia Song, Holger Fuhrmannek, Philipp, and Jurgen Gaeremyn as the
SolutionUpdate the affected thunderbird and / or thunderbird-debuginfo