Scientific Linux Security Update : firefox on SL7.x x86_64
High Nessus Plugin ID 118443
SynopsisThe remote Scientific Linux host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionThis update upgrades Firefox to version 60.3.0 ESR.
Security Fix(es) :
- Mozilla: Memory safety bugs fixed in Firefox 63 and Firefox ESR 60.3 (CVE-2018-12390)
- Mozilla: Crash with nested event loops (CVE-2018-12392)
- Mozilla: WebExtension bypass of domain restrictions through header rewriting (CVE-2018-12395)
- Mozilla: WebExtension content scripts can execute in disallowed contexts (CVE-2018-12396)
- Mozilla: WebExtension local file permission check bypass (CVE-2018-12397)
- Mozilla: Memory safety bugs fixed in Firefox ESR 60.3 (CVE-2018-12389)
Bug Fix(es) :
- Previously, passwords saved in the Firefox browser and encrypted by a master password were erased when Firefox was exited. This update ensures that NSS files used to decrypt stored login data are handled correctly. As a result, the affected passwords are no longer lost after restarting Firefox.
SolutionUpdate the affected firefox and / or firefox-debuginfo packages.