New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 6.7
SynopsisThe remote CentOS host is missing a security update.
DescriptionAn update for firefox is now available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Critical. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
Mozilla Firefox is an open source web browser, designed for standards compliance, performance, and portability.
This update upgrades Firefox to version 60.3.0 ESR.
Security Fix(es) :
* Mozilla: Memory safety bugs fixed in Firefox 63 and Firefox ESR 60.3 (CVE-2018-12390)
* Mozilla: Crash with nested event loops (CVE-2018-12392)
* Mozilla: WebExtension bypass of domain restrictions through header rewriting (CVE-2018-12395)
* Mozilla: WebExtension content scripts can execute in disallowed contexts (CVE-2018-12396)
* Mozilla: WebExtension local file permission check bypass (CVE-2018-12397)
* Mozilla: Memory safety bugs fixed in Firefox ESR 60.3 (CVE-2018-12389)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
Red Hat would like to thank the Mozilla project for reporting these issues. Upstream acknowledges Christian Holler, Bob Owen, Boris Zbarsky, Calixte Denizet, Jason Kratzer, Jed Davis, Taegeon Lee, Philipp, Ronald Crane, Raul Gurzau, Gary Kwong, Tyson Smith, Raymond Forbes, Bogdan Tara, Nils, r, Rob Wu, Andrew Swan, and Daniel Veditz as the original reporters.
Bug Fix(es) :
* Previously, passwords saved in the Firefox browser and encrypted by a master password were erased when Firefox was exited. This update ensures that NSS files used to decrypt stored login data are handled correctly. As a result, the affected passwords are no longer lost after restarting Firefox. (BZ#1638082)
SolutionUpdate the affected firefox package.