Scientific Linux Security Update : 389-ds-base on SL7.x x86_64
High Nessus Plugin ID 117785
SynopsisThe remote Scientific Linux host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionSecurity Fix(es) :
- 389-ds-base: race condition on reference counter leads to DoS using persistent search (CVE-2018-10850)
- 389-ds-base: ldapsearch with server side sort allows users to cause a crash (CVE-2018-10935)
- 389-ds-base: Server crash through modify command with large DN (CVE-2018-14624)
- 389-ds-base: Crash in delete_passwdPolicy when persistent search connections are terminated unexpectedly (CVE-2018-14638)
Bug Fix(es) :
- Previously, the nucn-stans framework was enabled by default in Directory Server, but the framework is not stable. As a consequence, deadlocks and file descriptor leaks could occur. This update changes the default value of the nsslapd-enable-nunc-stans parameter to 'off'. As a result, Directory Server is now stable.
- When a search evaluates the 'shadowAccount' entry, Directory Server adds the shadow attributes to the entry. If the fine-grained password policy is enabled, the 'shadowAccount' entry can contain its own 'pwdpolicysubentry' policy attribute. Previously, to retrieve this attribute, the server started an internal search for each 'shadowAccount' entry, which was unnecessary because the entry was already known to the server. With this update, Directory Server only starts internal searches if the entry is not known. As a result, the performance of searches, such as response time and throughput, is improved.
SolutionUpdate the affected packages.