SynopsisThe remote Red Hat host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionAn update for java-1.8.0-ibm is now available for Red Hat Satellite 5.8.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Moderate. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
IBM Java SE version 8 includes the IBM Java Runtime Environment and the IBM Java Software Development Kit.
This update upgrades IBM Java SE 8 to version 8 SR5-FP20.
Security Fix(es) :
* IBM JDK: privilege escalation via insufficiently restricted access to Attach API (CVE-2018-12539)
* openssl: BN_mod_exp may produce incorrect results on x86_64 (CVE-2017-3732)
* openssl: bn_sqrx8x_internal carry bug on x86_64 (CVE-2017-3736)
* IBM JDK: DoS in the java.math component (CVE-2018-1517)
* IBM JDK: path traversal flaw in the Diagnostic Tooling Framework (CVE-2018-1656)
* Oracle JDK: unspecified vulnerability fixed in 6u201, 7u191, 8u181, and 10.0.2 (Libraries) (CVE-2018-2940)
* OpenJDK: insufficient index validation in PatternSyntaxException getMessage () (Concurrency, 8199547) (CVE-2018-2952)
* Oracle JDK: unspecified vulnerability fixed in 6u201, 7u191, 8u181, and 10.0.2 (JSSE) (CVE-2018-2973)
* OpenSSL: Double-free in DSA code (CVE-2016-0705)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
Red Hat would like to thank the OpenSSL project for reporting CVE-2016-0705. Upstream acknowledges Adam Langley (Google/BoringSSL) as the original reporter of CVE-2016-0705.
SolutionUpdate the affected java-1.8.0-ibm and / or java-1.8.0-ibm-devel packages.