EulerOS Virtualization 2.5.0 : kernel (EulerOS-SA-2018-1260)
High Nessus Plugin ID 117569
SynopsisThe remote EulerOS Virtualization host is missing multiple security updates.
DescriptionAccording to the versions of the kernel packages installed, the EulerOS Virtualization installation on the remote host is affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- A flaw was found in the Linux kernel's client-side implementation of the cifs protocol. This flaw allows an attacker controlling the server to kernel panic a client which has the CIFS server mounted.(CVE-2018-1066)
- In the Linux Kernel before version 4.15.8, 4.14.25, 4.9.87, 4.4.121, 4.1.51, and 3.2.102, an error in the '_sctp_make_chunk()' function (net/sctp/sm_make_chunk.c) when handling SCTP packets length can be exploited to cause a kernel crash.(CVE-2018-5803)
- Memory leak in the sas_smp_get_phy_events function in drivers/scsi/libsas/sas_expander.c in the Linux kernel allows local users to cause a denial of service (kernel memory exhaustion) via multiple read accesses to files in the /sys/class/sas_phy directory.(CVE-2018-7757)
- A race condition in the store_int_with_restart() function in arch/x86/kernel/cpu/mcheck/mce.c in the Linux kernel allows local users to cause a denial of service (panic) by leveraging root access to write to the check_interval file in a /sys/devices/system/machinecheck/machinecheck (cpu number) directory.(CVE-2018-7995)
- ALSA sequencer core initializes the event pool on demand by invoking snd_seq_pool_init() when the first write happens and the pool is empty. A user can reset the pool size manually via ioctl concurrently, and this may lead to UAF or out-of-bound access.(CVE-2018-7566)
- A flaw was found in the Linux kernel's implementation of 32-bit syscall interface for bridging. This allowed a privileged user to arbitrarily write to a limited range of kernel memory.(CVE-2018-1068)
- A vulnerability was found in the Linux kernel's kernel/events/core.c:perf_cpu_time_max_percent_handler( ) function. Local privileged users could exploit this flaw to cause a denial of service due to integer overflow or possibly have unspecified other impact.(CVE-2017-18255)
- The code in the drivers/scsi/libsas/sas_scsi_host.c file in the Linux kernel allow a physically proximate attacker to cause a memory leak in the ATA command queue and, thus, denial of service by triggering certain failure conditions.(CVE-2018-10021)
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the EulerOS security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionUpdate the affected kernel packages.