SynopsisThe remote Red Hat host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionAn update for firefox is now available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Critical. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
Mozilla Firefox is an open source web browser, designed for standards compliance, performance, and portability.
This update upgrades Firefox to version 60.2.0 ESR.
Security Fix(es) :
* Mozilla: Memory safety bugs fixed in Firefox 62 and Firefox ESR 60.2 (CVE-2018-12376)
* Mozilla: Use-after-free in driver timers (CVE-2018-12377)
* Mozilla: Use-after-free in IndexedDB (CVE-2018-12378)
* Mozilla: Proxy bypass using automount and autofs (CVE-2017-16541)
* Mozilla: Out-of-bounds write with malicious MAR file (CVE-2018-12379)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
Red Hat would like to thank the Mozilla project for reporting these issues. Upstream acknowledges Alex Gaynor, Boris Zbarsky, Christoph Diehl, Christian Holler, Jason Kratzer, Jed Davis, Tyson Smith, Bogdan Tara, Karl Tomlinson, Mats Palmgren, Nika Layzell, Ted Campbell, Nils, Zhanjia Song, and Holger Fuhrmannek as the original reporters.
SolutionUpdate the affected firefox and / or firefox-debuginfo packages.