RHEL 7 : samba (RHSA-2018:2613)
Low Nessus Plugin ID 117320
SynopsisThe remote Red Hat host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionUpdated samba packages that fix several security issues and provide several bug fixes and an enhancement are now available for Red Hat Gluster Storage 3.4 for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Moderate. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
Samba is an open source implementation of the Server Message Block (SMB) protocol and the related Common Internet File System (CIFS) protocol, which allow PC-compatible machines to share files, printers, and various information.
Security Fix(es) :
* samba: Weak authentication protocol regression (CVE-2018-1139)
* samba: Insufficient input validation in libsmbclient (CVE-2018-10858)
* samba: NULL pointer indirection in printer server process (CVE-2018-1050)
Red Hat would like to thank the Samba project for reporting CVE-2018-1139 and CVE-2018-1050. Upstream acknowledges Vivek Das (Red Hat) as the original reporter of CVE-2018-1139.
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
Bug Fix(es) :
* Previously, sharing a subdirectory of a Gluster volume failed with an I/O error when the shadow_copy2 vfs object was specified. This occurred because Gluster volumes are remote file systems, and shadow_copy2 only detected share paths in the local file system. This update forces the value of shadow:mountpath to '/', skipping the code related to mount point detection, and preventing this problem.
However, this fix requires that the glusterfs vfs object is listed after the shadow_copy2 vfs object in the smb.conf file. (BZ#1379444)
* As of Red Hat Gluster Storage 3.4, the libldb package is no longer shipped as an independent package in the Red Hat Gluster Storage Samba channel. The capabilities of the libldb package are now provided by a combination of the samba-client and samba-client-libs packages. In addition, the sub-packages previously provided by libldb are now provided by the samba-client and samba-client-libs packages. The samba-client sub-package provides ldb-tools, and the samba-client-libs sub-package provides pyldb. (BZ# 1592794)
* Red Hat Gluster Storage volumes exported using SMB can now be mounted on macOS clients using Finder. Configuration instructions are provided as part of the Red Hat Gluster Storage 3.4 documentation.
Red Hat strongly recommends upgrading to these updated packages.
SolutionUpdate the affected packages.