SynopsisThe remote web server contains a PHP script that is prone to an information disclosure attack.
DescriptionMany PHP installation tutorials instruct the user to create a PHP file that calls the PHP function 'phpinfo()' for debugging purposes. Various PHP applications may also include such a file. By accessing such a file, a remote attacker can discover a large amount of information about the remote web server, including :
- The username of the user who installed PHP and if they are a SUDO user.
- The IP address of the host.
- The version of the operating system.
- The web server version.
- The root directory of the web server.
- Configuration information about the remote PHP installation.
SolutionRemove the affected file(s).