RHEL 6 : java-1.7.1-ibm (RHSA-2018:2576)
Medium Nessus Plugin ID 112179
SynopsisThe remote Red Hat host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionAn update for java-1.7.1-ibm is now available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 Supplementary.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Important. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
IBM Java SE version 7 Release 1 includes the IBM Java Runtime Environment and the IBM Java Software Development Kit.
This update upgrades IBM Java SE 7 to version 7R1 SR4-FP30.
Security Fix(es) :
* IBM JDK: privilege escalation via insufficiently restricted access to Attach API (CVE-2018-12539)
* IBM JDK: DoS in the java.math component (CVE-2018-1517)
* IBM JDK: path traversal flaw in the Diagnostic Tooling Framework (CVE-2018-1656)
* Oracle JDK: unspecified vulnerability fixed in 6u201, 7u191, 8u181, and 10.0.2 (Libraries) (CVE-2018-2940)
* OpenJDK: insufficient index validation in PatternSyntaxException getMessage () (Concurrency, 8199547) (CVE-2018-2952)
* Oracle JDK: unspecified vulnerability fixed in 6u201, 7u191, 8u181, and 10.0.2 (JSSE) (CVE-2018-2973)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
SolutionUpdate the affected packages.