New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 6.7
SynopsisThe remote Red Hat host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionAn update for java-1.8.0-ibm is now available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 Supplementary.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Important. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
IBM Java SE version 8 includes the IBM Java Runtime Environment and the IBM Java Software Development Kit.
This update upgrades IBM Java SE 8 to version 8 SR5-FP20.
Security Fix(es) :
* IBM JDK: privilege escalation via insufficiently restricted access to Attach API (CVE-2018-12539)
* openssl: BN_mod_exp may produce incorrect results on x86_64 (CVE-2017-3732)
* openssl: bn_sqrx8x_internal carry bug on x86_64 (CVE-2017-3736)
* IBM JDK: DoS in the java.math component (CVE-2018-1517)
* IBM JDK: path traversal flaw in the Diagnostic Tooling Framework (CVE-2018-1656)
* Oracle JDK: unspecified vulnerability fixed in 6u201, 7u191, 8u181, and 10.0.2 (Libraries) (CVE-2018-2940)
* OpenJDK: insufficient index validation in PatternSyntaxException getMessage () (Concurrency, 8199547) (CVE-2018-2952)
* Oracle JDK: unspecified vulnerability fixed in 6u201, 7u191, 8u181, and 10.0.2 (JSSE) (CVE-2018-2973)
* OpenSSL: Double-free in DSA code (CVE-2016-0705)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
Red Hat would like to thank the OpenSSL project for reporting CVE-2016-0705. Upstream acknowledges Adam Langley (Google/BoringSSL) as the original reporter of CVE-2016-0705.
SolutionUpdate the affected packages.